The Peterson Istrobosoft Iphone App adapter

jgyn

• Members

no idea if anybody else makes one.

It would be easy enough to make yourself.

It's not needed though. I've had no issues using the app with just the standard iphone mic.

not as easy as you expect to make one yourself... the iphone/ipad/ipod touch mic input expects an electret condenser with a max voltage of about 15mv... it also needs to have some resistance present to make the software detect that a mic is present... then there is the is the (tiny) bias voltage outbound to power the condenser capsule...

not rocket science by any means to figure out but not just a quick splice job either.

I have built some prototype hardware devices for the iphone platform and I am a member of the iphone accessory (hardware) developer program... very capable devices but also have very specific needs for input devices and dock accessories. You could easily fry the mic input by connecting the wrong thing to it, the components are quite fragile.

• Members

Peavey and IK Multimedia both make interfaces for their own software but they're more expensive, $40 with software, and I don't think they're actually out yet.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/features/

http://www.peavey.com/ampkitlink/

I've tried hooking up my mixer to my iPod Touch using an old AV cable, red, blue, yellow type, and it sort of works but not well so I wouldn't count on being able to make anything for less than the Peterson one.

• Members

The adaptor is really only for stage use where a/ you'd want to isolate the signal from all the noise and b/ you'd want to be able to tune silently. If you don't need those things, it works absolutely brilliantly though the mic as others have said.

Archived