New Custom Tele Build

arincon59

• Members

Thanks a lot!

25.5" scale

Mahogany body/red cedar top

Curly maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard

Golden Age humbuckers

curious with the pickup selection. I know the Golden Age are Stew Mac's house brand, which as far as I know are going to be similar to GFS, ToneRider, and Kent Armstrongs in terms of price point/quality. Any reason you or your customer chose that set over over something higher end or even custom wound? You obvously do great custom work. Have you ever gotten BG to custom wind you a set for your builds?

• Members

curious with the pickup selection. I know the Golden Age are Stew Mac's house brand, which as far as I know are going to be similar to GFS, ToneRider, and Kent Armstrongs in terms of price point/quality. Any reason you or your customer chose that set over over something higher end or even custom wound? You obvously do great custom work. Have you ever gotten BG to custom wind you a set for your builds?

No never gotten BG to do any customs for me...

No particular reason on the Golden Age p/ups...just thought I'd give them a try...at 50 bucks each, I'm pretty impressed.

Thanks for the kind words!

• Members

Cool guitar, looks great!

Ya know, there is a reason why neck pickup end up close to the fretboard. It doesn't have anything to do with aesthetics.

Thanks!

This guitar has mad warm tone...even with the neck pickup 1/2" 'south' of the fretboard.

• Members

No particular reason on the Golden Age p/ups...just thought I'd give them a try...at 50 bucks each, I'm pretty impressed.

Thanks for the kind words!

give BG a try. He discounts to forum members and his price point is about the same as what you would pay for Duncans or Dimarzios off the shelf, which is pretty incredible for custom, handwounds. I have three of my own guitars equipped with them and they are awesome! Forum members Quarter and Atrox are also builders and equip their builds with BG's. I have started recommending BG to my own customers who are wanting something custom as well.

http://www.bg-pups.com

• Members

Do you by chance sell some instruments, or at one point did, through a shop called the Red Guitar in WV? That looks very much like one of the customs he used to sell, and they all had Golden Age pickups unless someone requested otherwise, but I can't remember the name.

• Members

give BG a try. He discounts to forum members and his price point is about the same as what you would pay for Duncans or Dimarzios off the shelf, which is pretty incredible for custom, handwounds. I have three of my own guitars equipped with them and they are awesome! Forum members Quarter and Atrox are also builders and equip their builds with BG's. I have started recommending BG to my own customers who are wanting something custom as well.

Thanks for the info...will check it out!

• Members

I put a set of Golden Age humbuckers in an Epiphone Les Paul (Korean) in 2002 or 2003. I just came back into posession of this guitar a few weeks ago and am VERY happy with their sound. I don't know who makes them.

• Members

I put a set of Golden Age humbuckers in an Epiphone Les Paul (Korean) in 2002 or 2003. I just came back into posession of this guitar a few weeks ago and am VERY happy with their sound. I don't know who makes them.

Definitely!! At half the price of most pickups, they really put out some great tone/sound...

Archived