Amps, the cleanest clean. Anything better than fender's twin reverb?

billybilly

• Members

go direct into the mixer. it'll sound like {censored} but it doesn't get any cleaner.

+1 ...That's pretty funny but true. My son bought me a Line 6 Pocket pod...in tuning mode, guitar > POD > Ear Phones = Pure guitar ....no eq, no gain, no speakers, preamps, ect...

You might not like what you hear....

I have a couple of Traynors that I think give Fenders a run for their money in the clean dept...with way more features...

• Members

What sound do you like and how much headroom do you need? At moderate volume a Marshal JTM 45 is a kick ass clean amp - don't suppose it have the headroom of a twin but I could gig it as a clean platform easily.

Also, the few times I've plugged into a Hiwatt have been near religious experiences.

• Members

Ahem
:cop:

hiwattsplural.jpg

Really loud, and so clean they call it Mr.

:love::love::love::love::love:

yowsa that's a sexy rig.

I was on a quest similar to yours. I love my pedals. I wanted clean headroom. I settled on the twin reverb reissue. My only regret is the thing truly is a beast. The weight and the volume are both a little excessive. However, I absolutely love the cleans I get out of it. The distortion realm with pedals is still no match for a good amp distortion though. I've tried a dozen or so distortions, fuzzes, overdrives and are decent sounds but no definitive distortion tones like you can get from a mesa or a marshall for example.

• Members

never tried the 120's, but I've always liked the fender devilles, great reverb.

Only recommend this with lower gain tubes in the preamp... running 5751s in V1/V2 and a 12AT7 in V3 (PI) and I got a ton more headroom!

Also: Super Reverb anyone?? Ampeg V4/VT-22 (especially running with 4 tubes)?? These need to be mentioned.

Archived