On the fly drop D tuning with a floyd rose?

Acid Test

• Members

While it's floating? No. You'll have to retune everything, it's not pretty. If you block the tremolo so that it only dives, yes. This keeps the springs from being able to pull the bridge back any further when tension is released by dropping your E string down to D. I think the D-Tuna is still on the market in whatever incarnation Ed is peddling his warez in this week for just such a purpose.

• Members

what I do with my ibanez "original edge" bridge, is that I have the "back stop" system installed, which is in away like the new edge trems that hold the other strings in tune if you break a string. so. I just roll the fine tuners quickly lower to a D , without effecting the tunning of the rest , works 100%

• Members

I guess I am the only one who uses a floating setup who also can switch down to drop D and not have the thing go out of tune too badly. It is easy to set the fine tuner travel to move the E down to D and only have minor fine tuning to do on a couple of strings. I use .9s so there is not a huge amount of tension on the E string I guess.

• Members

I guess I am the only one who uses a floating setup who also can switch down to drop D and not have the thing go out of tune too badly. It is easy to set the fine tuner travel to move the E down to D and only have minor fine tuning to do on a couple of strings. I use .9s so there is not a huge amount of tension on the E string I guess.

..yes..but, this way its even more stable...

Archived