Ear protectio

Cymro#1

• Members

Yeah i think most of the time it's in ear monitors.

Aren't they kinda both tough? I thought some were designed to act as ear plugs to the loud amplified sound, and deliver a lower SPL monitor signal. That way you have ear protection, but the sound isn't muffled.

• Members

Aren't they kinda both tough? I thought some were designed to act as ear plugs to the loud amplified sound, and deliver a lower SPL monitor signal. That way you have ear protection, but the sound isn't muffled.

True i guess you kind of get ear protection since they have to dampen the sound around you so the sound of the in ears isn't muddied. But a lot of people turn the in ears up so loud it's not protection at all:facepalm:

• Members

True i guess you kind of get ear protection since they have to dampen the sound around you so the sound of the in ears isn't muddied. But a lot of people turn the in ears up so loud it's not protection at all:facepalm:

Yeah that's a real danger. A lot of the hearing damage you hear about with rock musicians is actually from wearing cans in the studio, pumped up loud so they can hear it over the amp/drums. Same principle. Isolation rooms are a good thing.

Archived