>>>> NGD!!! (New Gibson Day)

stormin1155

• Members

Nice collection of Gibsons you have! I love my 335 (it's an '04). Took three years to break it in. It sounded like a solid body when I first bought it, but it's loosened up considerably since then.

Interesting, Doc, that might be the most direct I've ever heard it expressed that a semi-hollow most definitely breaks in/ opens up - that you can really discern a difference...:idea:

Oh, and great guitar too.:thu:

• Members

Interesting, Doc, that might be the most direct I've ever heard it expressed that a semi-hollow most definitely breaks in/ opens up - that you can really discern a difference...
:idea:

Oh, and great guitar too.
:thu:

Funny thing is, I bought one of those little ES339's and it sounded like a semi right off the bat. It was NOS--2 years old--when I got it though.

• Members

Nice collection of Gibsons you have! I love my 335 (it's an '04). Took three years to break it in. It sounded like a solid body when I first bought it, but it's loosened up considerably since then.

es6.jpg

Thanks!

Wow! They just don't get much nicer than yours. Love the burst... what is that called?

• Members

I don't think the question is whether the bridge is backward or not. The questionable part is that all the saddles are lined up in a straight line and all the way forward.

I've NEVER seen a guitar that is intonated correctly with the saddles lined up like that.

• Members

oh yeah, the ramp side of the saddle should be facing the stop bar. people only change it around when they need a bit more room to adjust the intonation. And yes, it's easier to get a screwdriver in when the screws face the pu's

Now let the TONE gods strike me...........:bor:

Archived