Need suggestions

cooki3monster

• Members

I play metal, and I am looking for a new guitar to get. I am looking to spend up too $1200 new or used. Some I was looking into was a Ibanez Prestige, ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000, a PRS Ce, Gibson faded V, or an SG. Any suggestions? Right now I do not have any prefferences cause I have been playing a PRS se soapbar 2 for 2 years. I think I wanna go with a thinner neck, and a thinner body. But I am open to any suggestions.

Also With this guitar I wanna put a Fernadez sustainer, and probably some dimarrizos or seymore ducans.

• Members

Not a lot of thinner bodies than the Soapbar II. Body wise that makes it an SG. Many of them have very fat necks though. Some don't, I think 80's and early 90's models. Maybe you could ask the SG experts which years/models had thinner necks. There was a carbon fiber body (very thin) shred type guiter on here a ways back, I think it was called a "Blade" or something like that. Sounded like what you describe.

Here ya go
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2430996

• Members

I highly, highly recommend the ESP/LTD guitars. If you like the LP body style you will not find a better guitar then the EC1000. I have had LTDs from the low end to the high end and each one has been a super guitar. I still own the EC400VF and a PB500.

As far as Ibanez goes, they are also superb guitars. If you are wanting something with a Floyd-type bridge, the Edge III trem is decent. The ZR trem is superb.

Either would suit you well. The necks on both are similar, the frets are larger on the ESP/LTDs.

Archived