would modern guitar equipment work in the 50's/60's?

CarmenJuandeago

• Members
If you took a modern amp and guitar back to the fifties and started jamming they would probably complain saying it's too loud and too distorted. You might even be arrested for disturbing the peace.
:p

This. The whole "back to the future" thing wouldn't have happened quite like the movie. The 50s would be intollerable for most Americans born after 1965. The country was fundamentally different. That's why I always scratch my head when I hear politicians talking about taking society back to those times.

• Members

yeah you'd have to be very carefull what you said and did and how you acted. You'd probably stick out like a turd in a punch bowl.

Even if you brought back a Nocaster a tech might discover the Made in Japan stamp on the tuners and rat you out. Or if you had Russian or Chinese tubes, you be jailed as a spy most likely.

And if you brought your hot sister back with you and she starts blowin dudes everything black and white would turn to color...

• Members
Go watch
Back To The Future
. Yes the technology will work. But you'd get looked at as if you were a creature from outer space. Especially if you went back with a 1980's hair band.

"Just give me a TAB" :facepalm:

"I cant give you a tab if you havent ordered anything"

• Members
Go watch
Back To The Future
. Yes the technology will work. But you'd get looked at as if you were a creature from outer space. Especially if you went back with a 1980's hair band.

What if I made a reel-to-reel of Radiohead's "Kid A" and took it back to the 50's, do you think the folks would dig it?

Archived