School me on wah pedals

jr_vw2

• Members

Crybaby's are pretty nice. I used to have a Clyde McCoy that was friggin awesome til some dirtbag ripped it off. I've got a Snarlin dogs Whine O Wah now that has a lot of interesting sounds and settings. I never really liked the Morleys, they seem to harsh to me. If you can find a vintage Clyde McCoy - You'd be set for life, the reissues aren't bad, but not the same. Maybe you could mod a stock Crybaby to Clyde specs?

• Members

Those crybaby wahs aren't very sturdy. I never got one to last more than year before faioing in the middle of a gig. I finnally bit the bullet and bought a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah it has been going strong for two years now. The fulltone is built to last with metal construction and a potentiometer that is made to be easily replaced.

Max

• Members

Ibanez Weeping Demon.

I like the WD as well, but keep in mind: a) I suck, b) hardly ever use wah, c) when I DO use it, it's mostly just for a bit of color, I don't rock the pedal much.

Oh, and it IS big, so if space is a problem ....

• Members

The Teese Wizard Wah is designed for high-gain playing like that. Geoffrey is an awesome guy and amazing customer support - personally responds to emails and he even upgraded my Picture Wah to the newest specs free of charge other than shipping.

Some of the Crybaby and Vox models have really horrible bypasses that suck tons of tone, watch out for that if you are looking at some of their models.

• Members

I would really like to start out on the low end to see if I like it first. I don't want to drop $200 on a pedal that I'm not really even sure I want yet. So what's a half ass starter wah that I could look for used?

• Members

Ibanez Weeping Demon.

^This, +3213514687

Best wah I've ever used. You can get from classic tones to modern tones just with a little tweaking. You can set it to turn on from a press of a pedal, or just by rocking it forward a little. Its by far the most versatile wah I've played, and sounds better than any of the crybaby's I've played.

And its not some super expensive boutique pedal either, just $100. :thu:

Archived