help, drummer wanting to play guitar

mahzerwrath

• Members

Just go to a store and try out some different stuff. But some things to a/b while you're there are your preference for passive or active humbuckers, trem or hardtail, baritone vs. 7-string vs. normal electric.

If you plan on playing drop tuned heavy stuff go with the baritone. If you want to play regular tuning but heavy stuff go with the 7-string. I personally like a Baritone for the heavy stuff because I like to do fast chugging all over the place so in order to do stuff that fast I find barring make it easier.

Not sure on periphery, but meshuggah uses 7 strings. I think maybe ESP.

• Members

okay well really the reason i want to play guitar is because i play drums in my band but i also write all the music (with piano and theory knowledge) but i dont know how to play guitar, and i feel it will better my music if i learn.

heres my soundclick if you wanna check a little preview of some older music of ours.

soundclick.com/weavedperception

• Members

Many years ago I was a drummer. I still have a set of TAMA Rockstars downstairs. Go to GC or similiar, and play as many brands/models as you can. Once you ID a couple that may work - look used. Les Paul, or Les Paul Clone works for metal.

Have fun.

Archived