Mel Gibson films

clay sails

• Members

Is he a good director?

I'm curious about Apocalypto and the Passion of the Christ. Which one should I see first?

I finally saw Passion and it is simply mind-blowing. I don't know what a non-Christian would think but for me... I don't even want to say it but well, I completely broke-down watching it. Definitely not the movie you want for a chill Friday evening of entertainment.

Never saw Apocalypto.

• Members

I've never seen Apocalypto. The Passion of the Christ is very sombre. As the other guy said I'm not sure how it would affect a non-Christian but for me it was pretty unnerving. I will never watch it again. I would imagine it would still be intense even if you're not a christian since you still know that there was this guy named Jesus and he was crucified. Quite chilling to watch.

That being said i thought it was very well directed and there was good acting. You have to read the whole thing BTW since it's all in a kind of mix between latin and Aramaic (i think).

But if you're mostly curious about Mel as a director watch Braveheart if you've never seen it. That is one of the best movies ever and one of my favorite. I have to say i did tear up a little when He found out he was betrayed by the Bruce.

• Members

But if you're mostly curious about Mel as a director watch Braveheart if you've never seen it. That is one of the best movies ever and one of my favorite. I have to say i did tear up a little when He found out he was betrayed by the Bruce.

It may have been good Hollywood drama, but that part is complete and utter bollocks.

In reality Wallace was not betrayed by the Bruce.

He was betrayed by John de Menteith - or 'Menteith the treacherous' as he became known after he gave Wallace to the English......

• Members

It may have been good Hollywood drama, but that part is complete and utter bollocks.

In reality Wallace was
not
betrayed by the Bruce.

He was betrayed by John de Menteith - or 'Menteith the treacherous' as he became known after he gave Wallace to the English......

Oh yeah, I know the movie is very far from what really happened. I never really go into movies looking for a history lesson unless i'm sure they are historically accurate. Braveheart's just an amazing story with amazing acting. I do like how they cop-out from having to be historically accurate with the line at the beginning about how This is the story about William Wallace that you haven't heard and that historians will disagree but this is what really happened.

Archived