BEHRINGER PB1000

KevinTJH

• Members

My BOSS BCB-60 is getting too small, so I'm just wondering if I could get some opinions on this new "affordable" pedalboard.

I don't quite like the 12 holes which are cut out for you because the fitting looks rather dodgy.

I have a couple of weird sized pedals like the Coffin Case Blood Drive, BOSS DD-20, and BBE Two Timer. Would those pedals fit properly?

Please share your experience with the PB1000.

• Members

It looks like its only cut out for Boss sized pedals. So it looks like you have to either cut the foam or use velcro (which defeats the purpose of the foam inserts)

Honestly for a bill you can get something much better or you can make your own board for pennies on the dollar.

• Members

Make one out of a suite case.

Yea that sounds more logical to start off with.

But I have absolutely no experience in building pedalboards or wiring, plus the only tools I have now are a hammer and a screwdriver.

I might as well buy a "briefcase" pedalboard, I could probably get a pre-owned one for about 50 bucks on ebay. :confused:

• Members

I know members here are constantly recommending building my own board, but for the sake of the thread title, I wouldn't mind some reviews on the Behringer PB1000. :)

I've been doing a lot of research about it, but somehow I've not come across a user who puts pedals other than BEHRINGER pedals in the pedalboard. Wonder why....

• Members

I think if you don't really want to build your own pedalboard...... for $100 the Behringer PB1000 is pretty cool.

I ended up getting one cause I'm eventually gonna try to put some of my pedals together in in one unit that I can close up and carry around easily.

I really like it. Its very sturdy. It will last a lifetime. Even if the electric connections ever give out.... you can easily bypass them and hook up a One-Spot or a Dunlop DC Brick or somthing similar. And you still have a rock solid case/pedalboard to carry around... with all your pedals in it..... hooked up and ready to go.

And it would be very easy to customize it to fit whatever pedals you have. The foam comes out very easily and you could always buy some similar foam..... or have none in there at all.

I'm glad I got it. I have some cool pedals and I'm gonna put 'em in there when I get time.

[YOUTUBE]K1PtbuOoWZ8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Z22_2wgyVUo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]M7mxQzn6-80&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I think if you don't really want to build your own pedalboard...... for $100 the Behringer PB1000 is pretty cool.

I ended up getting one cause I'm eventually gonna try to put some of my pedals together in in one unit that I can close up and carry around easily.

I really like it. Its very sturdy. It will last a lifetime. Even if the electric connections ever give out.... you can easily bypass them and hook up a One-Spot or a Dunlop DC Brick or somthing similar. And you still have a rock solid case/pedalboard to carry around... with all your pedals in it..... hooked up and ready to go.

And it would be very easy to customize it to fit whatever pedals you have. The foam comes out very easily and you could always buy some similar foam..... or have none in there at all.

I'm glad I got it. I have some cool pedals and I'm gonna put 'em in there when I get time.

Cool! I've watched all three of the videos already, but the guy didn't really put different pedals in it other than the Behringers.

The whole reason why I'm so keen in getting this is that it already has a power source so I don't have to spend more on that.

Based on your experience, does the Daisy Chain adapter struggle with powering all 12 pedals at once? especially with tank pedals like the BOSS DD-20? Thanks for your input

• Members

Based on your experience, does the Daisy Chain adapter struggle with powering all 12 pedals at once? especially with tank pedals like the BOSS DD-20? Thanks for your input

It has no problem powering all the pedals. It's rated at 1700ma which is even more than the Dunlop DC brick which is only 1000ma.

I'm not sure how it works with the tank pedals. I have a Boss RT-20 and I haven't tried hooking it up yet that way.... but I think it should be fine since those are 9-volt (center negative) and typically require 200-300ma.

So it all checks out. :thu:

• Members

It has no problem powering all the pedals. It's rated at 1700ma which is even more than the Dunlop DC brick which is only 1000ma.

I'm not sure how it works with the tank pedals. I have a Boss RT-20 and I haven't tried hooking it up yet that way.... but I think it should be fine since those are 9-volt (center negative) and typically require 200-300ma.

So it all checks out.
:thu:

1700ma?!?! that's pretty awesome. Hey if you do hook up some big pedals with the pedalboard, could you let me know how it goes?

I'd really like to know how it handles big pedals, just before I get one :)

• Members

It's cheaply made, and the locking latches break easily.

On the upside, it holds a lot of pedals...

But if you have a Whammy (or big box EHX pedal) you'll need more power supplies.

All true. Fit Behringer and Boss sized pedals any off size and you will need to modify. I had one latch com off mine. So far the connectors have held up well. For the price this is a good portable board.

• Members

But if you have a Whammy (or big box EHX pedal) you'll need more power supplies.

Why is that so? I thought as long as it doesn't exceed 1700mA, it should be fine?

Though it's cheaply made, is the Daisy Chain adapter reliable enough to not cause any issues?

I was actually thinking of just getting the Behringer, and keeping it until I have enough for something more decent. :confused:

• Members

Why is that so? I thought as long as it doesn't exceed 1700mA, it should be fine?

Though it's cheaply made, is the Daisy Chain adapter reliable enough to not cause any issues?

I was actually thinking of just getting the Behringer, and keeping it until I have enough for something more decent.
:confused:

1700ma 9vdc.

Whammy (and expression factory, brian may, jimi hendrix pedals all) use 9vac.

Big box EHX can go up to 24vdc.

Big MXRs can have weird voltage requirements, too.

Archived