Raven West Guitars

r x

• Members

are they still a great bang for the buck? or did they go down the {censored}ter in terms of quality and value after the owner's suicide? why don't they display any prices on their website anymore?

• Members

Quality seems about the same or better. A buddy owns 1 from each era. I have played both, and not much difference in build quality or playability. Both sound good with stock pickups. Current owner Eric is son-in-law of the founder, and has done a good job keeping the brand alive.

Not prices on website, because he uese Ebay only.

• Members

Quality seems about the same or better. A buddy owns 1 from each era. I have played both, and not much difference in build quality or playability. Both sound good with stock pickups. Current owner Eric is son-in-law of the founder, and has done a good job keeping the brand alive.

Not prices on website, because he uese Ebay only.

uh, prices are back?

• Members

I own a raven west from a few years abck. I got it off eBay and the guitar is fantastic! The neck was setup professionally and feels incredible, its neck thru. I recently upgraded the humbuckers to blackouts so it sounds pretty mean. Heres a pic

5YTSl.jpg

• Members

I think the Ravens look great, but I've never been able to try one out. For a while I really wanted one of the 450s (the semi-hollow PRS bodies), but that changed when they came out with the semi-hollow Tele bodies with P90s. Maybe one of these days....

• Members
I think the Ravens look great, but I've never been able to try one out. For a while I really wanted one of the 450s (the semi-hollow PRS bodies), but that changed when they came out with the semi-hollow Tele bodies with P90s. Maybe one of these days....

especially once you add Bryan's BG P90s!

• Members

The guitar looks fantastic in person. The top is spalted maple with no laquer at all. Its one of my least played guitars actually only do to the fact I don't want to mess it up at all. It really plays fantastic though, I will be ordering another raven west in the near future.

• Members

I've had two original Ravens and two Raven Wests:

Raven RP-350, made in Korea:

2002RavenRP350i.jpg

RavenWest RP-450, made in Korea:

119ae76f.jpg

RavenWest spalted maple top, neck through tele:

RAVENWEST570T-SP9999A-494i.jpg

And a Raven RM2000 - similar to a LP Jr DC.

The original Ravens were great guitars, in the same league as Dillions and Agiles of that era. My RP-450 is just as good. The spalted Tele looks great, but has some issues: shallow thumb sized dent in the back of the neck, and the spalted top is weak.

Archived