Best US live band = Miley Cyrus

scuzzo

• Members

A good friend of mine toured with MC a couple years ago as a sound system tech. He said the band was made up of all top notch Nashville guys. Probably some of the highest paid in the business, that year anyway.
:idk:

I've no doubt that the band is made up of absolute pros, but I'd also guess that the majority of the show is canned and click-tracked.

• Members

much of her vocals are and the drummer plays to click/ProTools backing tracks.

but this is common place in many touring acts out there, even bands like Rush and Tool. Geddy Lee got tired of doin all the bass and Centaur pedal/synth stuff simultaneously and now runs them off pro tools and triggers mostly now.

• Members

much of her vocals are and the drummer plays to click/ProTools backing tracks.

but this is common place in many touring acts out there, even bands like Rush and Tool. Geddy Lee got tired of doin all the bass and Centaur pedal/synth stuff simultaneously and now runs them off pro tools and triggers mostly now.

i saw them 3 years ago, and he was still doing all of it himself, i wasn't seeing any triggers. But even if he does, he gets a pass for the sheer complexity it takes to simply play the bass parts

• Members

the triggers are spread across the stage at various spots and even Alex and Neil have extras to trigger certain sounds throughout the shows.

but instead of having a huge array of machinery like he used to have back in the day, he uses Roland Phantoms and Little Phatty Moogs, plus foot triggers and a Yamaha midi controller keyboard to get all his sounds.

• Members

the triggers are spread across the stage at various spots and even Alex and Neil have extras to trigger certain sounds throughout the shows.

but instead of having a huge array of machinery like he used to have back in the day, he uses Roland Phantoms and Little Phatty Moogs, plus foot triggers and a Yamaha midi controller keyboard to get all his sounds.

Much of Rush's music is physically impossible for 3 people to do without triggered samples. There are bass & keyboard parts that simply cannot be played simultaneously live by one man.

My tribute band relies on samples to do the little things in the songs to make them authentic.

All 3 of us trigger things at various points. The job of who hits what and when goes to whoever can do it without messing up what they're playing.

Archived