Steve Howe explaining some of his famous phrases

EADGBE

• Members

I could listen to him play all day.

Nice to see how he plays Disillusion from Starship Trooper. I love that part.

Damn that's tough to play. I got it figured out but need to clean it up and speed it up.

I can't fingerpick worth a {censored}.

• Members

starship trooper is an amazing tune.. just amazing.. but the real glue of that is squires bass playing... eh... ok the vid is a bit crap but its 1973,, i think and all you need listen to is that awesome bass line... im a huge howe fan but yes needed all elemets for the magic.. wakeman, squire, howe, and andersons soring falsetto vocs... dang... good good stuff..

pictures for a 1000 words..

[YOUTUBE]-Jhk5MEugJY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Great tune...

Anderson never sang falsetto though. I've heard interviews with him and he has a naturally high voice. One in a bunch....

It is a commonly held misconception that Jon Anderson sings falsetto, a vocal technique which artificially produces high, airy notes by using only the ligamentous edges of the vocal cords; however, Jon Anderson does not sing falsetto. His normal singing (and speaking) voice is naturally above the tenor range. In a 2008 interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jon stated, "I'm an alto tenor and I can sing certain high notes, but I could never sing falsetto, so I go and hit them high."[4] He is also noted for singing in his original Lancastrian accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Anderson

Archived