Show me some gold top!!!!!!!!!!! (please)

Les Paul Lover

• Members

They fall right in between a vintage-output PAF and a Strat/Tele single coil in both tone and output. Less output than a PAF, and a bright, snappy tone with a lot better note-to-note definition. A LP Deluxe's bridge pickup can downright twang. Brighter and tighter than P-90's.

And the Firebird mini's are made and sound differently. Firebird mini's have a huge upper midrange push and a tight sizzling drive.

Thank you Wyatt!

Got to try one one day - they sound really interesting! :thu:

You don't cross them deluxe every day though... :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Starting with the most recent, and all sadly no longer with me

Gibson CS 54RI

541.jpg
542.jpg

Edwards E-LP-92CD

Goldie.jpg

I have no goldness in my life at the moment, but I will correct that as soon as a 50s Tribute hits UK shores

How did these two P90 beauties compared??? :love:

That new 50's tribute looks lovely, especially in gold top!

Where will you get it in bath? Bristol? Online?

• Moderators

How did these two P90 beauties compared???
:love:

That new 50's tribute looks lovely, especially in gold top!

Where will you get it in bath? Bristol? Online?

The Edwards was lovely and I did keep it for quite a while, but the neck was a tad too thin for my liking but it was not 100 miles from the Gibson CS, which had the very fat 50s neck, and came from the Gibson Showcase, non chambered and weighed in at 8.5lbs

The pickups in the Gibson could take artex off a ceiling

I'm 2nd on the list at Andertons for the 50s Trib, deposit paid

• Members

http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-guitars/pid18698/cid556/gibson-les-paul-studio-50s-tribute-with-p90-pickups-in-worn-gold-top.asp

Sounds very nice!!!

I've got to remember never to try a gibson CS - I have a bad tendency to save for ever whenever I try something exceedingly good and buying it....

That 50's is really lovely. P90, 50's neck that I love, I like them being chambered too!!!! :love:

• Members

The guy, OP, asked for Gold Top Epis and he gets nothing but these bastardised clunkers.

You can be quite the twat, can't you?

I'd like to be polite, but 1st you cannot read, second you barge in and piss on everybody... :confused::facepalm:

Here's another helping for you: :facepalm:

• Members

All very nice - there seems to be room in your arsenal for a bigsby goldtop......
:p

What are the variation on the P90?

Is one the recent 52RI and the other one a 54 RI?

i may pick up a goldtop with a bigsby at some point, but it's honestly not on my GAS list... yet.

as far as the P90'd goldtops go, one is a '54RI (not stop bar), another is an '89 Standard with factory P90s. the third is a '52RI from 2003 (very few made; lots of haters due to the poorly designed trapeze bridge, but i actually like it).

Archived