Show me some gold top!!!!!!!!!!! (please)

Les Paul Lover

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wyat - Very nice Deluxe - I've yet to try those mini hums, I know some people love them! Are they like Humbucker or P90?

Fu2jobu - I saw one of those yesterday, didn't have the time to try it, though, too mayn eastmans & gretshes... :lol:

Crunchtime, I think that might be the 1st goldtop I see with a maple neck - nice!!!

:)

• Members

I like it too! Carved top, proper bridge & two humbuckers - that's how a tele should be!!!!
:p

Gold top & binding to boot, a pretty darn good one!
;)

That's the first Tele I've looked at and actually wanted. Was that a production guitar or parts?

• Members

Wyat - Very nice Deluxe - I've yet to try those mini hums, I know some people love them! Are they like Humbucker or P90?

They fall right in between a vintage-output PAF and a Strat/Tele single coil in both tone and output. Less output than a PAF, and a bright, snappy tone with a lot better note-to-note definition. A LP Deluxe's bridge pickup can downright twang. Brighter and tighter than P-90's.

And the Firebird mini's are made and sound differently. Firebird mini's have a huge upper midrange push and a tight sizzling drive.

• Members

That's the first Tele I've looked at and actually wanted. Was that a production guitar or parts?

Thanks! It's a real MIK production model, if you didn't already guess by someone in the thread posting the same model, heh heh.

It's a really interesting guitar. Slightly thinner body than a standard Tele, Mahogany neck and body, and a smooth neck heel. The pickups are an Air Norton in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. There's a push/pull for coil tapping, as well.

Archived