Suggestions for Good Cheap Cables

Citizen_Insane

• Members
I am very happy then.
:thu:

I have a 25' with a 90 degree end coming my way, at the Sam Ash girl's suggestion...
I had never heard of Pro Co prior to this

Are you sure?...they've make this guitar staple for 30+ years...
proco_rat.jpg

• Members
Those higher price GFS cables should be fine. If you can solder, then you can take care of them if any problems come up, it is just a cable.

This is what I wanted to suggest. I want to order one, but I dont know if I can justify spending the money on something I've never played...you should get it and tell me how it is! :thu:

• Members
This I am aware of, however, buying quality connectors usually costs more than buying premade cables. The strain relief mechanism on most standard 1/4" plugs is not very well designed. I also don't really feel like buying a bunch of shrink tubing and all the other stuff that's necessary to build the cables. I've done it in the past and to be honest, I didn't save any money.

I usually repair my cables, but after a while the crimp style strain relief parts of the jack stop working properly. I'd rather just buy a new cable. Plus I don't really have the time to wait for 5 different components to ship, we're leaving for tour on the 29th and I still have to manually screen print hundreds of CD's before then in addition to playing shows every week and going to school.

@ everyone else - Thanks for the tips, I'll look into them and get something ordered up tomorrow
:thu:

The strain relief on the leader was the original reason I tried them. The boot works great plus there is an internal collet for secondary relief. It works far better than springs or shrink.

leader.jpg

Archived