Which finger...

Mogwai

• Members

If you are already switching, then it is worthwhile to switch to your pinky.

I started off with my index finger, and the slide migrated finger by finger to my pinky.

Index finger would seem difficult to manage, there aren't any other fingers to hold it steady and mute string noise behind it.

• Members

I've got one of those jetslides and where it on my ring finger. I suck at slide and have no idea why I even bought the damn thing.

I can get around a bit with a regular slide, but this thing is too floppy even with it fairly tight. Just can't seem to get a good level of control with it.

I'm sure that with some practice it'd be pretty decent but I always get to the point where I want to toss it out a window before I get there.

• Members

I usually used my ring finger, I always wanted to use my middle but my old slide that I lost wouldn't fit. I just got a new fat slide that I have come to love that is plenty big to fit on both fingers. The ring still feels most comfortable but with it in the middle I am able to do more complicated things like scales and chords more easily than if the slide was on the ring. I like both, it just depends on what I am playing.

Archived