Post Youir Loudest Guitar

BG76

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You know, I don't usually go for the Strat body style too much. And when I do, I tend to like a more traditional "classic" Strat look.

But I am really digging the looks of that Frankenstein Monster. I like the color and especially the fact that it looks like a true workhorse--like it's been with you for a long time. I bet that screams and makes balls shrink up into body cavities from fear.

You Know... This means a lot actually. Thanks. This guitar has never really been given much respect by me. It has always been the "workhorse". Driven hard, put up wet and then driven hard again.

I have rarely cleaned it or cared about it getting dinged up. Heck I never even put a back plate in it. It just has packing tape over the hardware cavity and has for 20 plus years.

It probably has 500-1,000 gigs under its belt and still continues to sound bad ass no matter what the style of music.

There are so many pretty guitars posted on this site and this one just is not one of them. It is like the butter face girl that you keep going back to because she can blow your mind when no one else can.

Thanks

• Members

I just recently joined a new band, and have been going through my guitars, trying to find the one that fits the music, is easy to play, and let's be honest... looks good.

I had planned on bringing this SZ2020 along as a backup, but it sounds so lively that it just may be my new primary.

sz2020-1.jpg

• Members

Probably THIS -- my 'IKEA' guitar aka 'Ugly' (short for 'The Ugliest Guitar In The World'), actually a c1983 Ibanez Destroyer DT150 which I use, strung heavy and tuned to open A, as my onstage slide guitar. It carries a V2 humbucker, Ibanez's inhouse equivalent to DiMarzio's Super Distortion, and it's a MONSTER -- plugged into my regular stage amp without changing the front-panel settings, it seems twice as loud as my Strat and it ROARS, but fortunately it has a lovely crystalline sound when the guitar volume's turned down to around 5 -- which is how I use it.

[YOUTUBE]24t7mJBLH7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Archived