DeltaLab vs Digitech multi-effects

awd83

• Members

Thinking about getting one of these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DeltaLab-DGFX1-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-105017107-i1437795.gc

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-RP90-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104653852-i1375342.gc

Which one do you guys think make the better sounds? I'm mostly looking for classic rock and some blues. I played around with one of the digitechs at GC today, but I didn't have enough time to really even figure out how to use it, and the DeltaLab display wouldn't work. Also thinking about the lower end Digitech RP 55 or whatever - I don't think I need too many presets or effects.

Thanks!

• Members

I've got the RP70 (same as the 90 but with out the volume/wah pedal) and I will say it was great for me for a while, though a lot of the distortions on it are very noisy. I guess as long as you accept the fact that your not getting anything top of the line you'll be fine

• Members

of the two...I'd go Digitech...but if you check out Guitar Center's used section on their website, you could probably get a good deal on a higher-end pedal setup...

What would you suggest?

I'm not looking to gig, just a foot switchable setup with some customizable effects.

• Members

I bought a Vox Tonelab LE from the GC used section...very easy to use, has a tube in the preamp, and can be had for a decent price. Really, just try out several all-in-one pedals and find your favorite...then watch the used market...

• Members

What would you suggest?

I'm not looking to gig, just a foot switchable setup with some customizable effects.

The newer RPs are fantastic; I would look for a used RP250 or RP255 (the **5 series has a built-in looper); should be able to find one for less than $100.

• Members

so it doesn't sound like anyone is recommending the DeltaLab, huh?

$100 is my max limit, and I had thought of some used pedals, but how reliable are used digital effects? I've seen used RP90's for about $60, so that's at the top of my list.

• Members

I have used a lot of DigiTech stuff and have been happy with 99% of it. I have an RP1000 that really sounds great. I have never played the Delta stuff, so I really can't comment on it.

Based on my experience with the DigiTech stuff I would recommend them. Plus, you can always move up to the more expensive DT stuff and it won't be quite so new to you.

• Members

I have 3 of them...the RP200, 350, and now the 255. All solid. Of them the 350 had the best presets. They have usb connectivity and you can download user presets from the Digitech site. They represent a good value and are currently on sale at MF and M123.

• Members

You can get the RP255 used at Musicians Friend for $100 on the button

Or see if they'll give you 20% off a new one and that would be $100.

Well, I can get it from Music123 for $107, shipped, so I'm thinking about doing that, an early birthday present to myself! I couldn't pass up the usb recording capability, along with looper and wah pedal combo. I don't think there could be a better value out there.

Archived