To All the Guitars I've Loved Before

Cobalt Blue

• Members

I stole this idea from TalkBass forums, so all credit goes there.

I was searching for an amp review online, and I came across this thread at TalkBass and enjoyed the first post and the posts that follow the format of the first post. So, if you're game...

To All the Guitars I've Loved Before: A Pictorial History

(Post a photo (or link to same) with a one or two line assessment and explanation of the reason for selling and/or moving on to another guitar.)

• Members

I've only sold 1 guitar in the last 10 years..a Crafter electro acoustic.

Sold it 'coz I'd found a super sweet Charvel model 1 with original case, and didn't have any money.

Within a week of me selling it, the guy had snapped the headstock off....it deserved better.

:thu:

• Members

Two good ones that got away.

Kir_ly4.jpg

Ibanez Jet King 1.

It was a damn fine guitar. I didn't like the way the bridge looked and the top pickguard, also it didn't have a trem. Sold it for $185, it was just about mint. Great neck, a little heavy body. Think I bought it for around $300 new.

fenderfacess9.jpg

Fender Classic Player's 50's strat, shoreline gold. Bought it for the great price of $485 new before the economy tanked. A great guitar. Great neck. Good pickups. Good trem, held tune perfectly.

I think I sold it because the Gold color just wasn't fitting my mojo. Sad but at least I'm honest, think I was hot for some 24 fret action at the time too. Sold for $425 in mint condition.

:facepalm:

• Members

Not all these were good ones that got away but I like the jetking chronicles

I bought an Ibanez Jet King 1 on the 'bay on a whim cause it was super cheap it came with two unopened seymour duncans. Sold the duncans to basically make this guitar free. but the guitar sucked ass

DSCN0004.jpg

So I traded randomly for:

A beat ass Charvel and a Jet King 2 (which was immeditaly sold) The guy who traded the 2 guitars for 1 was in an "all jetking 1" band and they wouldn't let use the 2 or something.

DSCN0089.jpg

Repainted the charvel, it was balls so I sold it

DSCN0336.jpg

Made Mega profit of that chain of events.

I traded an Epiphone Valve Junior Head for an epi les paul with a bigsby. Selling this although I made a profit and hate les pauls is my 2nd biggest regret.

lp1.jpg

I had this MINT Ibanez RG7620 GN that I loved to death. but I sold it to fund my legacy. Should Just saved up and waited but I was impatient. I eventually bought another 7620 that wasn't as nice (one of those vampire kiss ones) that I still have. biggest regret right here :(

DSCN0055.jpg

• Members

IMG_1002.jpg

2005 or Robert Cray MIM strat. Nice guitar, but I was looking for something different. I traded it for a Gibson LPS.

GearPics008.jpg

1997 or 98 MIA Roadhouse strat. This was my #1 for a long time. I sold it to help pay for a EB/MM Axis. Even though I played it for a long time, I don't think I ever bonded with the Texas Specials.

Guitar010.jpg

Schecter Ultra III. I really liked this guitar the HB mode sounded nice and thick. I sold it because I didn't get along with the individual switching of the pups. I sometimes think about picking up another one used, and modding the switching to better suit me, but then I remember how HEAVY it was too.

• Members

odd,

i have never sold a guitar..

i have given away about 5?

one Lotus /stratolike

one Martin Stinger POS>.. man i hate that guitar still..

a 12 string Harmony..

a arch top Kay.. bad bad shape

another acoustic i cant remember the make.. Ibby i think

i tend to keep the guitars i groove with..

• Members

OLP MM1FR. Sold it to fund my Axis. Great guitar for the money.

IMG_0299.jpg

Samick AV6. I sold this to buy my LPVM...at least part of it.

guitar-1.jpg

A Washburn 7 string $99 blowout special. Surprisingly not bad, but I can't handle 6 strings all that well to begin with. Moved to free up space.

guitar.jpg

BMG Red Special. Sold it to fund my LP Classic. Replaced it about a year later.

IMG_0191.jpg

A great LPVM that was sacrificed for the LP Classic as well.

IMG_0204.jpg

Samick UM3 that I had modded with an internal GK2A pickup. I have no idea why I sold it, but I did.

After-2.jpg

This one hurt. Had to sell it to help fund a refinance on my mortgage.

IMG_0540.jpg

Mortgage victim as well. I had just installed 57 Classics in it and got it set up perfectly.

IMG_0551.jpg

A pretty rare GK2A ready Ibanez. Couldn't handle the slim neck

12140013.jpg

Sold this tele to fund the BSB tele below. I just got it back last week and am happy to have it again.

IMG_0525.jpg

• Members

Sold this last month to fund my Axe-FX Ultra. It was a fantastic guitar, but it was almost too nice for me to feel comfortable playing it.

IMG_0835.jpg

And the bass that I traded for my old tele

IMG_2094.jpg

Sad part is that all of this is pretty recent; I don't have pictures of everything or even older gear. This was just photobucket crap.

• Members

OLP MM1FR. Sold it to fund my Axis. Great guitar for the money.

IMG_0299.jpg

Same story here.

Had that exact guitar in the natural finish. Upgraded everything but the pups and it RAWKED.

Sold it in a fit of funding another purchase.

Now I'm about to order the Sterling by MusicMan AX40 :thu:

• Members

i dont have any pics but here it goes in the order i had them

1986 starforce asm custom candy apple red

2000 ibanez rg270dx emeral green

1983 fender usa strat 3ts

2001 fender mim strat midnight purple

2003 jay turser tele deluxe

1983 ibanez roadstar rs440 black

2005 Gibson SG faded

2006 squier telecaster custom

2004 fender mim telecaster

2009 squier classic vibe 60s strat

• Members

it was a black lp, i'd guess from about '74, that i played in a music store. sounded like a thunderstorm. didn't think i could afford it at the time. after all the money i've spent on crap since, i'm just sick about it.

• Members

Here's a few of mine I wish I still had

dcvsehtrjn.jpg

Ibanez RG1550FM. Spot production run. Fitted it with Bareknuckle Holy Divers. Such an awesome sounding and playing guitar. Sold it to buy a USA custom RG that turned out to be a pile of {censored}.

7string.jpg

Ibanez Universe neck with a custom body. Wish I kept the neck and found another body for it. One of the most comfortable necks I've ever touched

PRS.jpg

PRS Standard 24 built in 1990 or 91. Great sound, comfortable but sold it because I was unemployed and needed the money.

Archived