Updates to my Jackson, pointy content

ExiledCrow

• Members

I've always like this guitar, but struggled with the JB in the bridge, so I ordered a Hellarail from BG. Figured as long as those changes were being made I might as well swap out some hardware too. Or rather, let a tech I trust do it ... Yeah I know I should do it myself, but since it involved swaping a trem block as well as the whole floyd system I'd better not ...

Anyway, pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42183194@N04/sets/72157624471329712/

Ok, I did the trussrod cover myself, :facepalm:

Fixed?

• Members

Yeah, it's fixed.

I have a Soloist that I've had trouble getting a bridge pickup for myself. The JB is one pickup that I can't stand to begin with and in that body it was horribly boring sounding. I went with a Duncan Distortion and like an idiot I didn't get an f-spaced one. :facepalm:

I went with a rail too, but I ordered an XL500 from Bill and Becky. If that doesn't liven this thing up nothing will. :lol:

Looks good, what kind of trem did you go with? That block looks massive.

• Members

Yeah, I know you've been hating that JB. I would've changed the nut out for black too, but I've been picking up the parts here and there and haven't gotten any yet. Eh, I'll do it next string change.

The trem is just another Jackson trem (JT-580 I believe), but the block was a custom thing that I got off eBay. I figured why go through the hassle of swapping the trem and NOT get a massive block? :idk:

Only problem is that it's so big, that I have to take the cavity cover OFF to use it! :D I'll carve out a hole out of the cover soon.

• Members

How's it sound? Metal! :thu:

Seriously though, its a screaming hot pup. It's got a touch of harshness to it, but not nasally like I found the JB. Nice note definition, ok cleans. But since I'm usually playing it through the Blackstar, you can say I'm not looking for Fender glassy cleans. :lol: So for gainy stuff? Just what I was wanting: nasty, agressive sound, it's right on the edge of being TOO much, y'know? It's going to make me have to pay attention my technique. A touch of ... grittyness(?), but that happened with the Hellabucker I have too, and backing the pup down a bit really sweetened it up ...

Archived