Gibson Les Paul... GASing hard! Tell me some things....

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

LPVMtop.jpg

Here's a studio mahogany I bought at GC for $580, I used super thin binding on the neck, but it was still nice. I painted it Gold top and put a bigsby on it. I had to sell it shortly thereafter to pay bills, but I got $1150 for it. (no deception about it's origins either, and I got positive ebay feedback, so I guess I did a pretty good job.)

Show a after picture:cop::poke:

• Members

Swamp Ash Studio...

I've played one. It feels and plays like a Les Paul. It sounds a little more lively through a strum. That could be a good or bad thing depending if you are a strum-mer.

I'm not. I liked how the notes just leap off of it.

But I also like the newer hollowed out Gibson LP (so what do I know)...:facepalm:

• Members

I agree. Hold out for the guitar you really want. I've had 3 Studios (90's with Ebony board, 2001 in Pewter and a 2006 VM) all great guitars but I was never satisfied until I purchased a Standard that I was lusting after. I played quite a few Standards, Traditionals and Classics until I found the one that was right for me.

Find the one that's right for you and don't settle for less.

• Members

I got my 2008 Standard for a steal as well $1399, it's "pre 08 updates" so it's a regular standard without the circuit board in the control cavity.

It was NOS, and had sat at the shop for 2 years, so I got it for next to nothing.

• Members

Yeeeeeeeah, seems to be abbout half and half. I just know I'm going to gig/practice/record w/ it a lot. Its gonna get beer spit into it, be played by idiots who for some reason forgot their guitar, spend time in hot/freezing vehichles.... also there's some real thef risk. We are very careful (one guy always watches the van during the load/unload process...etc) but we travel and play shady areas so you never know, I don't wanna invest more than a k.

I want the gibson vibe ya know, I needs to feel better than my epi and hopefully be heavier, but it really shouldn't be a pristine specemin. I need a "player"cuz this guitar will become my byatch. I will care for it, but its gonna have a hard life.

Archived