guitar + other equipment insurance

Foamoi_refreshe

• Members

those of you who do insure all your gear, where do you get your policies from??

im looking at a better deal for myself, as ive got a few items listed under my house insurance, but alot of my gear is out of the house alot of the time (practice studio) or out when im gigging and as far as im aware im not covered unless its at the property the insurance policy is for.

im talking UK insurers too

but ive come across this musicguard website, that offers alot of different policies and seems to be a pretty good deal. you can have up to 100% cover for all your gear outside the listed address, whether it be gigging or whatever. anyone had any experience with this particular company? or ever had any trouble getting some money back from a bad insurer when trying to claim for guitars etc??

any experience or help much a ppreciated :thu:

• Members

I've been looking into musicguard too, but it looks like it may be cheaper to include my gear on my household insurance. Which my landlord forces me to have - fairly pointless for me seeing as the only possessions I have of any value are musical instruments.

My dad insures his stuff with musicguard - he's got some nice old fiddles and a pricey Gibson mandolin - he's never made a claim but says that's the company all his fellow folk-clubbers use - and some of them have some incredibly top-end gear!

• Members

cheers dude, i think i will go with them, as ive got a few grands worth of gear away from my house pretty much all the time and i def want to make sure its properly covered.

i couldnt imagine getting a phone call saying the place has been brooken into and all the gear is gone . . .

Archived