Yngwie's 55 Strat on the ebays

Angry Tele

• Members

Every picture I see of Yngwie he looks like a douche

Honestly, if my name was an adjective for a style of incredibly technically advanced, classically influenced guitar playing, I would have trouble not being a douche.

• Members

I was standing beside him in a booth at a trade show and he just exuded DOUCHE. He was my idol as a kid, but it took everything I had not to kick him square in the nuts. He couldn't even be nice and just say Hi or nod. It was just 3 or 4 people standing there and he wouldn't even look at anyone. Plus he was the one asking us for the favor. He just had this "Worship me" thing going, so I just acted like a dick right back. There also comes a time in a guys life where the tight leather just does not work any more. He is way past that time!

• Members

I love the knee jerk reactions..."Hes selling a Strat? What a douche!" I mean only a douche would sell a Strat ;)

I read that someone saw him mowing his lawn in leather pants...If thats true that makes him even more awesome in my book.

• Members

The Ferrari had to need a lot of work. They all do, all the time. It might have been running when Yngwie bought it but it ain't running now. (probably)

Who got the better part of the deal?

That guitar was probably a bit of a 'high pressure con, on Yngwie's part. It's an old POS! (that's been re-finished)

If Yngwie can work on his old Ferrari's,...no problems.

• Members

Non-original case, knobs don't match, neither does one of the tuners. Replaced pots. That goop-o paint job covers a multitude of sins as well.

I see a '55 neck, some old pickups, and maybe some old plastic.

It's a partscaster. I'll give him $300 for it.:poke:

• Members

Partly true, but if he is rolling in money he would have both the guitar and the Ferrari, not one or the other.

Unless he realized that the guitar is a POS. Doesn't look close to all original, or even playable for that matter.

Douche or not, I'd take the Ferrari...

Archived