I really need your opinions. Matter of wife and death!

docjeffrey

• Members

Which do you prefer? All are swamp ash. 2-6 have masked faux bindings (PRS style). Neck is the same (Brazilian board) on all six. My wife is extremely partial to one of them. I disagree with her, but I could live with any of them. I'll let you know her choice later.

Don't pay too much attention to the pickguard. I will post a poll regarding the style once I decide on the body.

Yes, the neck will have frets. I got tired of Photoshopping everything, so I didn't include frets or strings:-)

tele1.jpg

tele2.jpg

tele3.jpg

tele4.jpg

tele5.jpg

tele6.jpg

• Members

5 I would preffer frets though and a six saddle bridge..

It's gonna be a three steel saddle setup (compensated for intonation). Cold rolled steel, not the threaded or cast stuff.

Pickups--still thinking about this. I like traditional tele tones with slightly scooped mids and an aggressive, snappy bass, so I'm exploring Lollar or Fralin at the moment.

• Members

I voted #1 because in my opinion, a Tele should not have a top made of different wood than the main mass of the body. Just my opinion.

Excellent point. The are all swamp ash, but you are correct. The tops on 2-6 are swamp ash on top of swamp ash.

Damn, Doc!!! Just damn!!

Every one of those is to die for!

I grabbed 6 because of uniqueness but 4 would be another of my 1 choices. However, I don't know if I could sleep well at night if any of them were in my house. I'd be tempted to get up in the middle of the night, make myself some tea and look at it.

• Members
^^^Vote please! My wife and I have wagered a naughty sex act on the outcome of the poll.

Anytime you can get the wife into a bet like this it's a win win. :thu:
I love bets where I win even if I lose. ;)

I voted 3. I like the figure on 2 but not a fan of cherry burst. I liked the darkness of 6 but it's a little too symmetrical. 3 is interesting, great color and just enough character.

Archived