Can anyone tell me any more about my (old) guitar?

-Andrew-

• Members

I unfortunately don't have it any more, and don't have any good pics of it. But it was a Guild. semi-hollow body, natural finish (almost looked yellow), had DeArmond pickups and the DeArmond logo on the headstock. It said Starfire somewhere on it. No trem or anything, and had a silver tail piece that looked like it was in the shape of a leaf or tear drop. Black pickguard, double cutaway. No matter how much I researched it, I could never find any good info on it. Was mainly looking to see how much it was worth? Thanks in advance!

• Members

I unfortunately don't have it any more, and don't have any good pics of it. But it was a Guild. semi-hollow body, natural finish (almost looked yellow), had DeArmond pickups and the DeArmond logo on the headstock. It said Starfire somewhere on it. No trem or anything, and had a silver tail piece that looked like it was in the shape of a leaf or tear drop. Black pickguard, double cutaway. No matter how much I researched it, I could never find any good info on it. Was mainly looking to see how much it was worth? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a Dearmond starfire which was basically Guilds epiphone. Squier had one as well. They are nice guitars!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dearmond+starfire&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&gs_upl=4234%2C47%2C9%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C

Don't know what they are worth though. Probably anywhere around $200-600.?.?

• Members

based on your description,I'd say you shouldn't have sold it! :p

• Members

based on your description,I'd say you shouldn't have sold it!
:p

yeah it was a REALLY nice sounding guitar. my grandpa had originally bought it for my uncle, but he didnt have an amp to play it on, so my grandpa sold it to me for $200 instead. I played it for like 2 or 3 years and then my uncle got an amp, so my grandpa asked to buy it back from me. i thought he had given me such a good deal that it would not be cool if I said no, so he bought it back and gave it to my uncle, only later to get it back and trade for a epi les paul gold top. MAN i wish I still had that guitar!

• Members

I had one until recently. I was very pleasantly surprised by the outstanding quality of the guitar - perhaps the best-made Korean guitar I've ever had - and the Goldtone pickups were their own special thing. They really sparkled in the guitar!

I bought it for $200 and I wanted to keep it (especially at that price) but it just made no sense in my arsenal. I got $425 for it from a very picky buyer.

Archived