Xavier jazzmaster clone verese fender jazzmaster

hangwire

• Members

I've had the hots for the JM clone in surf green/mint green/cream for a while now. I even bought a Highway One strat neck specifically to put on the Xaviere... but I haven't bought it yet.

How does the trem feel? The studs solid? Any issues? Does it feel cheap compared to a MIM or MIA Fender?

• Members

Wasn't there a ton of complaints over the Xaviere offsets when they first came out because the neck pitch wasn't right and the strings were too high? Something like that? Did that ever get resolved?

Because gaddamn do I ever want one of their Telemasters....

• Members

Wasn't there a ton of complaints over the Xaviere offsets when they first came out because the neck pitch wasn't right and the strings were too high? Something like that? Did that ever get resolved?

probably some truth to that... my bridge is as low as it can possibly go and i shimmed the neck to get rid of the crazy high action.

• Members

I'm not positive, but I think only the JT40 has the slanted neck pocket. The Telemaster and Jagmaster styled ones are likely normal, as they don't have the roller bridge and floating trem.

Archived