Sign in to follow this  
hangwire

Xavier jazzmaster clone verese fender jazzmaster

Scale is the same, and it appears that the upper horn is slightly "stretched" on the Xaviere.

FWIW, Jazzmaster Pickguards are drop in replacements, and Jazzmaster necks are supposed to fit as well.

thanks for the info! looks like 2 jazzmaster replacement pickups and changing for a fender with the "lock" actual tailpiece would be getting it as close as you could

I like the guitars...I want to pull the trigger on one but I have yet to see a vid or demo of them.

I had the same thought of buying one and dropping in a Warmoth or WD JM Neck

here is mine

x_jt40_1.jpg

x_jt40_2.jpg

x_jt40_3.jpg

x_jt40_4.jpg

x_jt40_5.jpg

x_jt40_6.jpg

its in pieces right now though... its getting lace alumitone p90s installed,some wiring upgrades, and some other fun stuff

I've had the hots for the JM clone in surf green/mint green/cream for a while now. I even bought a Highway One strat neck specifically to put on the Xaviere... but I haven't bought it yet.

How does the trem feel? The studs solid? Any issues? Does it feel cheap compared to a MIM or MIA Fender?

Wasn't there a ton of complaints over the Xaviere offsets when they first came out because the neck pitch wasn't right and the strings were too high? Something like that? Did that ever get resolved?

Because gaddamn do I ever want one of their Telemasters....

Yeah, I still have GAS nightmares about the butterscotch telemasters, the orange JM posted above, the green one cratz2 pines for... I'm a hopeless case, have WAY too many guitars for this, but the GAS is relentless.

Wasn't there a ton of complaints over the Xaviere offsets when they first came out because the neck pitch wasn't right and the strings were too high? Something like that? Did that ever get resolved?

probably some truth to that... my bridge is as low as it can possibly go and i shimmed the neck to get rid of the crazy high action.

I'm not positive, but I think only the JT40 has the slanted neck pocket. The Telemaster and Jagmaster styled ones are likely normal, as they don't have the roller bridge and floating trem.