Hendrix+PE=WIN!, Pink Floyd+Wyclef=WIN!,ect. (Rock+Rap=WIN!)

2pacHendrix

• Members

I don't care if you hate hip hop and all that, but here are some great hip hop songs that sample great rock songs:

Fan of Dave Mathews? My mom hates rap, but I showed her this song and she told me it the only rap song she likes. Hopefully you guys will feel the same way. Check out J5's 'Work it Out'-

[YOUTUBE]jn3JuuYmvac[/YOUTUBE]

I know this is a guitar forum, so it's only fair we have Hendrix here. You guys know his song 'Hey Baby' a great jam, for sure :thu: But have you heard PE like this:

[YOUTUBE]VhIl1_GYE04[/YOUTUBE]

And for you Pink Floyd fans out there, don't think I forgot about you guys! Here's Wyclef Jean's unique take on the PF classic 'Wish you were here' It's the same song, but with a splash of R&B and hip hop flavor. He sings the original lyrics for a while, then he breaks into a rap about how he discovered Pink Floyd and how to open your mind to both rock and hip hop. I think Wyclef says it best with these lines:

Critics, dont mistake this for just any cover tune

Ima take y'all to the dark side of the moon

Kickin in my moms room this song was just a thought

[YOUTUBE]_jqutCxpKLU[/YOUTUBE]

If you don't like it, whatever :cop:

So are there any other songs that mix rock with hip hop?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"gold digger' samples ray charles, which I think's pretty awesome

I heard a cool remix of crazy train a time or two

I remember paranoid being sampled for something.

Let's Go-Trick Daddy, Lil' Jon and Twista samples Crazy Train.

Someone sampled Paranoid! That's Awesome! If you find the song, post it. Sounds interesting.

• Members

Step into my wayback machine if you will and let me take you back to the early 90's to what is still IMO the most significant pairing of rock and hip-hop groups. The Judgement Night Soundtrack. If you don't remember the movie, you aren't alone. Despite a star-studded cast, it wasn't a hit. I thought it was fairly entertaining, but the soundtrack was the real attraction for me. Check out these pairings:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

i always say that id like rap that isnt all bout bitches and hoes

I dig this
:thu:

a little late but whatever but nearly all rock music is about the same thing just with different terminology.

Archived