Indie Guitars - Opinions

danxrs05

• Members

Hey everyone.

A local shop in my town (Ottawa, Canada) started to sell Indie guitars....which I never heard of...

I would like to know your opinions on theses axes.

Build quality, pick-ups, and your general feedback.

They are not very expensive so if they have a good feedback I might consider one.

thanks guys!

• Members

A couple weeks ago I bought a shiny new Indie guitar and I've been very happy with the build quality and the sound. The one I bought is a near-clone (maybe lawsuit-near) of the Rickenbacker 360/12C63 that Harrison played. In fireglo. I tried the Rickenbacker 360/12 at GC, and I find the Indie better sounding and a bit easier to play. Paid $499 USD new.

Here's a picture of it, not great but maybe you get the general idea.

P1010843.jpg

• Members

There's a guy on HCAF who has an Indie with it. Has some very nice stuff gear (mostly plays Suhr guitars I think), and I have a vague recollection that he said he actually prefers his Indie LP over his actual Gibson LP.

A guy I know here has an Indie LP, and it seemed pretty good to me. Kinda hard to judge coz I really don't like LPs in general, but the build quality seemed pretty solid.

• Members

I didn't know they were Indonesian. A bunch of their offerings look similar to the Agile line and they share that same price range. I'd spend $500 on a Korean Agile before spending $500 on an Indonesian Indie. Only because the Agiles are a known to me and I have only seen Indies online.

• Members

I didn't know they were Indonesian. A bunch of their offerings look similar to the Agile line and they share that same price range. I'd spend $500 on a Korean Agile before spending $500 on an Indonesian Indie. Only because the Agiles are a known to me and I have only seen Indies online.

We must've been posting at the same time.

So far as I can tell the Indies are MIK too.

• Members

More feedback and speculation here:

Indie headstock designs

main2.jpg

thumb3.jpg

Old Malden and Current Agile designs

malden_head.jpg

hornetbk4a.jpg

What do those pictures mean? Probably nothing. I have not heard a bad review of an Indie but they are not really prevalent here in the US.

• Members

Are you sure this is not uncorrect?

I looked at several different models on the JSD site and all said they were Korean-made.

I'm pretty sure the ones I played were Indonesian-made (even so they were very good) - but it was a few years ago. Perhaps they have moved production or maybe they make in different factories like Yamaha do.:idk:

• Members

Made in Korea.

As far as I know, made at the Unsung factory.

Get an Agile, same factory, normally a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Agile once upon a time made a Ric copy just like that, but Ric made them stop. It was called the RK, the indie model is the IRK...

• 9 years later...

Archived