Squier Strat - help decode the serial number

kadrocker

• Members

Someone at work wants to sell a Squier Strat to me. I think i'll buy it! He wants $50.

He brought it in tonight for me to play/see it, played like a freaking dream! The headstock says "Squier by Fender" Back has a sticker that says "Made in China". Never saw a headstock like this one, ones I've seen have "Affinity Series" written on it. Other than the "Squier by Fender" there's nothing else printed on it.

Dude says he bought it at a Sam Ash about 5 years ago when the store was going out of business.

Sticker for the serial number is CAE0041223892. Can anyone decode that?

Is this Strat one of the cheaper ones? If so, Damn! Must be a gem!

• Members

$50 is a no brainer. grab it and mod the hell out of it. I have two Squiers - one bullet and one affinity. my only beef with these series is the bodies are slightly thinner than standards so the trems really can't be upgraded to one with a steel block as the block will extend out of the bottom of the body.

I am still working on the set up on the Affinity strat - fret out issues in the upper frets...:mad:

IMG_4713.jpg

My bullet on the other hand is truly a gem.

IMG_4445.jpg

I did pay only $75 for each of them though.

• Members

That's what I wanna do. Mod this thing! Neck felt absolutley perfect. I think the body was full size, at least I didn't notice it being smaller.

$50 well worth it. I didn't get it yet- I didn't have the cash on me and I didn't wanna take it home til I paid this fella. I'll probably get ahold of it next weekend.

I was wondering if it was cheapest Squier out there because it certainly feels great! I also never saw a headstock like this one, "Squier by Fender". Hmm weird! Wish I had gotten a picture! Sheesh!

• Members

$50 is a no brainer. grab it and mod the hell out of it. I have two Squiers - one bullet and one affinity. my only beef with these series is the bodies are slightly thinner than standards...

Actually the new Bullets are full size/width. And $120 new!

They need to have a Bullet Tele with a maple neck dammit.

• Members

BTW, I never cared for Strats (and I've owned quite a few that I just never bonded with) until I scored a beat up $35 Squier Strat at a pawn shop last month. Now I can't put it down.

Serial number (begins with 'NC6') makes in an MIC from 1996. But it's solid wood and has a great 22 fret neck.

I plan some upgrades, but even after being to Hell and back (from the looks of it) the thing is solid and plays great.

• 9 years later...

Archived