What are the Best Les Paul Copies

codek

• Members

Any korean ones with good quality?

If you get a chance, check out the higher-end Michael Kelly models at a dealer near

you -- such as the Patriot Premium, Patriot Limited, Patriot Supreme, Patriot

Vintage, Patriot Black, and Patriot Custom.

These are some of the best Korean-made guitars I've ever played. Excellent

craftsmanship throughout. Thick and very nice looking tops on mahogany bodies.

Long tenon set-in mahogany necks. Ebony fingerboards on most models with real

abalone markers or binding. Top quality components throughout. Very articulate

sounding, long sustain. Excellent fret and fingerboard work that's on par with the

best Gibson or PRS models.

The Patriot Standard, Special, Decree, and Phoenix models are made in China and

are not quite on par with made in Korea models.

yhst-10498744216668_2127_53639053yhst-10498744216668_2127_62667711yhst-10498744216668_2127_59711073

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/electrics.html

• Members

12 responses and not one mention of Orville/Orville by Gibson, I'm surprised. I'd say Orville, Tokai, MIJ Epiphone, Greco, Burny, Edwards, and Aria are the front runners.

Yeah I was gonna mention Orville too.

BTW, Orville and the MIJ Epi's that followed them are the same guitars with different branding.

Also consider Bacchus and History.

• Members

have you seen oe played the newer epi's like the tribute or 1960/59s? or the slash les pauls? if i had thousands id buy the epis, i just like the way they play uch better than any other paul i've laid hands on. do gibsons 'sound' better? well yes. but if your buying new right now, epi is the way to go imo.

• Members

For the best of the best MIJ "glory years" (roughly 79 to 85 and some into the 90's) check out this site. He only stocks the highest end stuff so it will give you an idea of which Orvilles, Greco's Burny's and Tokai's are the "best".

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/

I have a top of the line Greco EG1000 Custom LP and it really is an amazing instrument.

There are also new tokai models that are among the best of the best currently being made. And as foppy mentioned Navigator are probably the cream of the current crop as well..

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/navigator/index.html

nlp480ltd_ld.jpg

As in your tele thread....a little bit more reasonable in price but still fantastic are the bacchus duke model Les Pauls.

[video=youtube;83dElxtONTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83dElxtONTo

In terms of MIJ they are the best bang for buck in my opinion.

• Members

Any korean ones with good quality?

The Fenix guitars sold only in Europe AFAIK in the '80s and '90s were rather nice. They had some bolt on models, but the top ones had all the right stuff: solid maple (flamed or plain) top, mahogany back and mahogany set neck, rosewood fretboard, Gotoh hardware. I've had mine for years and love it, it's kind of a Standard/Custom hybrid.

fenix_les_paul_custom-01.jpg

• Members

the best depends on who you ask or which day of the week it is...on many sites every time some people buy another guitar it`s better than the one they got the week before and quality improves exponentially... so if thats the case, where are all the {censored}ty guitars? I mean, according to what people write they never get a bad...or even average... guitar. I got some MIJs I`m real happy with.

Archived