My Godin Session...

Misha

• Members

... ate my CP '60s Strat for breakfast today!! :eek:

And I'm serious!

I (finally) traded my Ibanez S570B for a Godin Session last week. I was not sure about a pickup swap. When I tried the Godin, I knew it was "Mine and I decided to do the trade.

It sounds really good and is nicely set up. I tried other Sessions but this one just spoke to me!

I compared it side to side with my beloved CP '60s Strat and what a shock: the Godin sounds better and even louder!

The 2-point trem is set flat though on the Godin. I can't tell for now if it's as good as the CP '60s trem which is very reliable and even stays in tune when floating.

All in all, I'm very happy with my move! I was barely using the Ibanez but now, can't put the Session down! I love how the Ibanez looks but not how it sounds and didn't want to put money for new pickups because I wasn't sure about the quality of the body to make better pickups sound as good as I'd want to.

The Session I got is blackburst SG with a rosewood fretboard. (I used to prefer maple but not anymore, except for a Tele!)

I'll keep the Strat though because I also love it. The Session sounds warmer, maybe because of the basswood body. However, the CP '60s is snappier. (I don't know if it has to do with the floating trem? :confused: )

Just wanted to share!! :wave:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

... ate my CP '60s Strat for breakfast today!!
:eek:

And I'm serious!

I (finally) traded my Ibanez S570B for a Godin Session last week. I was not sure about a pickup swap. When I tried the Godin, I knew it was "Mine and I decided to do the trade.

It sounds really good and is nicely set up. I tried other Sessions but this one just spoke to me!

I compared it side to side with my beloved CP '60s Strat and what a shock: the Godin sounds better and even louder!

The 2-point trem is set flat though on the Godin. I can't tell for now if it's as good as the CP '60s trem which is very reliable and even stays in tune when floating.

All in all, I'm very happy with my move! I was barely using the Ibanez but now, can't put the Session down! I love how the Ibanez looks but not how it sounds and didn't want to put money for new pickups because I wasn't sure about the quality of the body to make better pickups sound as good as I'd want to.

The Session I got is blackburst SG with a rosewood fretboard. (I used to prefer maple but not anymore, except for a Tele!)

I'll keep the Strat though because I also love it. The Session sounds warmer, maybe because of the basswood body. However, the CP '60s is snappier. (I don't know if it has to do with the floating trem?
:confused:
)

Just wanted to share!!
:wave:

ya session would be guaranteed win over any non MIJ ibz

congrats!

the snappier sound should have little to do with the trem setup, its likely to be the pickups and strings (cables too).

its good to have one floating one flush with body.

• Members

I've heard nothing but good things about Godin. I'm surprised it's even better than your Strat. Congrats! :thu:

I google image searched it, just so I could get an idea what this guitar looks like (I'm not familiar with the whole Godin line)

38168.jpg

Very nice! :) I take it you don't miss your Ibanez?

• Members

Thanks guys!

HNGD! Congratz. I love my Godin Session. I have the metallic red also with rosewood fretboard. I have my wiggle stick floating and it returns to pitch exceptionally well. I like my Godin more than any stock USA strat I've played. Love the pups.

IM000502.jpg

Nice in red too!

If mine stays in tune as well as yours with the trem floating, I'll be in heaven!! :thu:

• Members

Ok... some pics. Not the best ones but at least here they are:

022-Copie.jpg

021-2.jpg

038-1.jpg

023.jpg

041.jpg

020-1.jpg

... and of course, when i tried to clean my amp, I made it worse! Oh, oh!!

The amp is the inexpensive Vox Pathfinder 15R. The Godin sounds sweet with it!

• Members

ya session would be guaranteed win over any non MIJ ibz

congrats!

the snappier sound should have little to do with the trem setup, its likely to be the pickups and strings (cables too).

its good to have one floating one flush with body.

I love the Ibanez SV5470... my wallet doesn't though !!

The pickups are set very low on the Godin Maybe that's what make it

sound "woody" ?? :confused:

I used the same cables, same amp, same pedals with both guitars!

I'd like to try the Godin with the trem set floating just to see what it feels like!

:wave:

• Members

Godin continues to kick the {censored} out of anything in it's price range and disprove the myths of low price "quality control" by delivering consistent high quality at that price point. And, they are built in Canada and the US (it's that "assembled in" thing). HOw do they do it?

• Members

Give em time. Godin is making some stuff nowdays that really puts Gibson to shame and they find a way to mix the classics with modern features like nobody else.

I mean, who offers a 5th Avenue archtop right alongside synth guitars and "high definition revoicers?" I love what they are doing. They take a lot of classic designs and give them a modern twist as well as going directions dobody else goes. Hell, they even offer a nylon fretless with synth output. THAT's the cool {censored} that makes a difference.

EG

• Members

ed0b7c28-211e-4c8e-864f-1cfc7bfa9f57.jpg
0099bf3d-dd60-46cc-baa4-e2d0e09b4390.jpg

Just sayin'

I see you on the archtop but, as for the Firebird X, I'd rather take one of these, thanks.

godinsiglgxsacognac.jpg

Looks a LOT better than the Firebird X and most likely plays better, too. And how's Godin's QC compared to Gibson's?

• Members

I played at least a couple dozen 5th Avenues before I finally found the deal I wanted. Always amazed me that each one I picked up was just like the last one. The consistency is there.

They save money by not sourcing a lot of ultra exotic woods and they do a good deal of CNC work. Works for me.

EG

Archived