NXD (New Xaviere XV440 Day) and Short Review

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I think he's referring to my post in this thread...#20

You are likely correct. Damn. I have had nothing but great service from GFS. For instance, I bought one of their super-wiring strat kits and received 2-way switches. They sent out the 3-way switches and I received them in two days. However, since about November, I have heard nothing but issues. I would hate to say Jay's company crumble under the weight of its own success. Maybe he has expanded too quickly?

• Members

You are likely correct. Damn. I have had nothing but great service from GFS. For instance, I bought one of their super-wiring strat kits and received 2-way switches. They sent out the 3-way switches and I received them in two days. However, since about November, I have heard nothing but issues. I would hate to say Jay's company crumble under the weight of its own success. Maybe he has expanded too quickly?

I have had very good experiences with them as well when buying pickups and parts.

With guitars, not so much. I've purchased four guitars from GFS. Two were pretty good.

The other two were not so good.

• Members

Sorry it was a bit of a mixed bag. If you really don't want to swap the pickups then you did the right thing sending it back.

I'm more interested in that goldtop Hamer you mentioned
at the beginning. How much were they going for?

WMS does a lot of blow outs on Hamers. From memory I think the Goldtop was around $200? It is this one...

satp90.jpg

• Members

WMS does a lot of blow outs on Hamers. From memory I think the Goldtop was around $200? It is this one...

satp90.jpg

It was $200 through their EBay store; not sure if they sold it at that price through their website. In any event, it is one of the best cheap guitars I've ever bought. If you see one, snag it!

Archived