Ibanez Artcore Posse!!!

NoirAbattoir

• Members

Originally posted by bronco

What kind of blues do you want to play? Feedbacky, sweaty unshaven white guy, beer bellied blues, or gravel-in-your-throat and Mississippi delta mud in your shoes, blues?

The latter, but the first one might just come out naturally :eek:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My AFS75T, I have replaced the pickups with Gibson USA firebird minis, rewired it to two volumes and master tone with all new pots and switch, dice knobs, tusq nut, Vince Ray stickers and a flame strap. It's my rockabilly baby, twangs like a Gretsch at 1/5th the price.

• Members

I don't know what it is...I love cheap hollowbodies and I just can't get into the Artcore. It seems plasticy to me...something about the finish and fit or something.

Anyway, it always seemed small to me too. What is the artcores width at it's widest point on the body?

I can't even think about a jazz box with a less than 16" width.

• Members

i feel a little bit giddy. i just got an artcore as-73. :D for my style and level of play (alt rock, blues, beg/int jazz) i have to say it seems like an amazing deal for the money. the overall feel is really good, good tone, good fit, i really like the neck, "playability" seems high, nice to look at, good weight -- not too heavy, not too light. overall it definitely feels natural and comfortable, though i get that about not totally "organic." it doesn't miss by much, though. i really have nothing to complain about for $300 (gotoh tuners like on my RT would have been nice :p). once i put in some golden age or maybe some SDs, i am going to be one happy camper. :D (and btw, anyone possibly interested in an ibanez RT-450, good price, email me. :cool: )

they gave me a free set of ernie ball .10 strings. do those suck, or what should i put on there? anyone have any recs? thx

• Members

i for one am not too picky about strings. as long as they're decent and .010, i'm game. i usually get daddario, which is what's available more easily in this corner of the world. i used to like ghs better, but they're more expensive now, and they difference in price is not justified to me, so it's daddario for me.

congrats on your purchase, btw, and welcome to the gang!:cool:

Archived