Ibanez Artcore Posse!!!

NoirAbattoir

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bumping this thread with some useful info for first-time Artcore buyers...

Which Artcore to get?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=767967

Why you should buy an Artcore ... with a very rare anti-Artcore comment (in the interest of full disclosure :) )

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=784512

• Members

Here's the turquoise Ibanez. I'll be getting one of these within a month. I've picked one up and played it at a music store, I liked it a lot, but visually, I do wish they had made the color a little deeper, it's pretty light and could contrast with the ivory binding better.

AquaIbanez2.jpg

• Members

ok, guys, i posted the anti-artcore comment on the other thread, but i was just stating what everyone who has an artcore knows: this is not a perfect guitar, it has flaws common to many lower end guitars, but less so, and the positive side easily outweighs the negative, as the guitar plays and sounds great, and it's an awesome value... and i love it, as i'm sure all here do.

• Members

Originally posted by made of stone'

ok, guys, i posted the anti-artcore comment on the other thread, but i was just stating what everyone who has an artcore knows: this is not a perfect guitar, it has flaws common to many lower end guitars, but less so, and the positive side easily outweighs the negative, as the guitar plays and sounds great, and it's an awesome value... and i love it, as i'm sure all here do.

If you could tell me where I could get a real, new USA Gretsch hollowbody for $275, I'll sell my AF75D in a heartbeat. Until then, I'll accept the few shortcomings my Artcore has in exchange for an extra $2K in my pocket. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by made of stone'

It's all good ... I'm glad you pointed out the shortcomings (and thats why I posted the link to that thread), because seeing such comments about an axe adds some reality in an otherwise bubbly, newly-fallen-in-love-with-this-guitar thread.

Usually only people who strongly love their axe post in threads like this and the Agile thread. I want more reality!! :mad:

:)

• Members

I just bought a TXD71 for my daughter for a Christmas present for this year. I was searching for a first guitar for her and wasn't too excited about most of the dirt cheap ones out there. And then I picked up the Talman, examined it, felt how nice and light it was for a girl(age 14), played it alongside a Squier strat and a Yamaha Pacifica, and was sold. And then I saw that the price was $199 Canadian(which is what, $150 U.S.?), which was $50 bucks cheaper than the other guitars, and it was a no brainer. It's the Turquoise colored one(they wanted $50 more for a black model).

How can a person go wrong at that price for a starter guitar of this quality?

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny Sunshine

I have the AF85.

I LOVE this guitar. Her name is Viola (from Twelfth Night).

I bought her when i started playing jazz, got my first job to pay for her. A real love story. I wish i had a digital camera so that i could post pictures of her, but sadly i do not.

I wanna upgrade the pickups eventually, but for right now she's perfect.

That movie is great. I just put one on layaway a few nights ago that I found at a pawnshop in mint condition. 279.00. It s the AS83VLS . I can't wait to get this one out. Another bad ass guitar from Ibanez.

• Members

Originally posted by Bmajor

I'm pimping this out and adding a Bigsby. I'll post photos when it's done in a couple weeks.

that should have a control cover plate on the back so you can access the electronics. It should be pretty easy to work on.

Guitar Fetish sells the exact same roller bridge that came on my bigsby equipped Artcore.

edit: Guitar Fetish didn't have any listed in chrome. Custom Shop Parts has them, but they come with a stop tail. He won't sell them separately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41407&item=3763494051&rd=1

• Members

Originally posted by vintage clubber

that should have a control cover plate on the back so you can access the electronics. It should be pretty easy to work on.

Guitar Fetish sells the exact same roller bridge that came on my bigsby equipped Artcore.

The Talman semihollow has a control plate??? :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

The Talman semihollow has a control plate???
:eek:

It does but it's extremely small. Can't access all the pots.

I'm not getting the roller bridge. At least to start. Two different techs told me they're a waste. We'll see.

• Members

Originally posted by vintage clubber

I think the roller bridge is a must with a bigsby. My AM73T came stock that way. On a regular tune-o-matic bridge the strings will get hung up on those pointy saddles...
:o

I thought so too but they both said as long as you keep the bridge and nut lubed and you're not dive bombing, you should be ok.

I can always add it later if I have to can't I?

• Members

Originally posted by opranks612

Whats the best one for blues type stuff?

What kind of blues do you want to play? Feedbacky, sweaty unshaven white guy, beer bellied blues, or gravel-in-your-throat and Mississippi delta mud in your shoes, blues?

Archived