MY SECOND GUILD BLADERUNNER

darthyahya

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I did all the Guild ads from around 83-90- then did a few catalogs for the Chuck Faas owned Guild into 91-92. My favorite shot was Clapton with the big GF-50 in the checked Suit- I got to jam with him a little which was quite the experience.

My baby was the "Liberator Elite" - which was an overblown Superstrat with a floyd- not sure what I was thinking with that one..

I desperately miss the old Guild Factory in Rhode Island-

Jay

What's not to Love about this?

:love:

100_6472.jpg

• 8 years later...
  • Members
On 5/25/2009 at 12:04 PM, Guitarfetish said:

you realize ofcourse that someone modded the guitar so much it was a completely different guitar when i got it. in addition to the routing work it was then repainted on top of the original paint. i had to strip it down completely to start the restore work. I know each one had a slightly different paint scheme. for example, the beige/red model had a different design in the center then the pink. som didnt even have "bladerunner" on it, just the "Guild" logo in script on the body's lower bout. do you have any pics of them?

thanx in advance

I'm sure I have 4x5 Transparencies I shot of all of the various paint schemes for one of the Guild catalogs I did- nothing digital I can share in the near future I'm afraid.

Jay

This is old but hopefully you will get the message. My dad had a Bladerunner and it was a cherry sunburst color scheme and it looked factory with the guild emblem. I have a picture of it but I would like to know if it was the original paint. I picked up an all black one in rough cosmetic shape and am considering a restoration in that paint job.

Archived