MY SECOND GUILD BLADERUNNER

darthyahya

• Members

I bought my second Guild Bladerunner from another professional musician. I cant believe it. The first neede to be restored to its original condition. it had a tele style neck pickup routed out and installed, The rear was routed out for a fulcrum/claw style tremolo, and repainted a beautiful green. I have since replaced the routed out wood and stripped it down bare. I have a brand new emg-81 set ready to go as well as an 80's kahler trem. ive plugged all the holes that dont need to be there. Im still researching the bondo vs woodepox for the final fill of the previously routed cavities. Now my dilema is how to paint this thing. the value of the guitar was already diminished by the heavy modification and then repaint. Id just as soon paint it the bubblegum pink and purple it was to restore originality. I have a second coming now that is pristine untouched. Tan with red in the cutouts.

what would yall do? would you repaint it the original paint scheme now that it has been restored or paint it whtever the hell color scheme you really want. Id like to keep it as close to original but how much of its worth has already diminished? long post. sorry tele me what you think.

thanx in advance

image.aspx?id=5c580f8a-61d2-4ba0-910a-1d

image.aspx?id=b66fcac3-5f22-4bfc-9e62-a6

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joe Perry has one, black, walk this way with rundmc video

mitch perry

the dude from Autograph

Pete Wells from Benedictum had the first prototype and sold it to me.

the first three were prototypes. the first production was number *******4

yeah pretty rare. gettin g pretty pricey too now!

• Members

Definitely different.

I remember seeing the singer from Autograph with one back in the day.

Never seen another one anywhere else.

I assume they're pretty rare right?

Congrats.

WOW! nice little collection there yourself! My first electric was a Yamaha Pacifica 512. H-S-S.

• Members

Guild made about 100 of them. I was big into 80's Guild collecting a decade ago and had the chance to scoop up a couple cheaply, but just couldn't make myself do it.

I did have a couple of Nightbirds, including a real early one, a T-200, an S-280? and maybe a couple of others.

• Members

Guild made about 100 of them. I was big into 80's Guild collecting a decade ago and had the chance to scoop up a couple cheaply, but just couldn't make myself do it.

I did have a couple of Nightbirds, including a real early one, a T-200, an S-280? and maybe a couple of others.

have you played any x-79's? I see two version come up alot on ebay sub 1000 dollar

stop tailpices and kahlers

• Members

Why can't these be reintroduced in any form? I want one! Not some dorky nerdy acoustic like Guild only makes now!

Guild doesn't own the design. They licensed it from some guy whose name escapes me.

• Members

Why can't these be reintroduced in any form? I want one! Not some dorky nerdy acoustic like Guild only makes now!

Yeah, like what the hell happened to the Bluesbird, Polara, etc? And, why did Dearmond guitars go away?

Did Gibson threaten Guild / Fender with lawsuits or something???

• Members

That's the guitar that got me into the Music Biz-

My friend David newel and his partner Drew something designed that- I got Mark Dronge at Guild to buy it and somehow they dragged me into this crazy guitar business....

I gave the black one to Joe Perry for the "Walk This Way" video shoot during my tenure as head of Artist Relations for Guild.

jay

• Members

I remember your photo credits on Guild ads back in the day. There was one for Joe and his T-250, I think.

Yeah I did all the Guild ads from around 83-90- then did a few catalogs for the Chuck Faas owned Guild into 91-92. My favorite shot was Clapton with the big GF-50 in the checked Suit- I got to jam with him a little which was quite the experience.

My baby was the "Liberator Elite" - which was an overblown Superstrat with a floyd- not sure what I was thinking with that one..

I desperately miss the old Guild Factory in Rhode Island-

Jay

• Members

Well, I heard back about 8 or 9 years ago that Fender was going to bring back Guild electrics once they built a new production line for them in Arizona. Obviously, it never happened! WHY??? FMIC has done some weird things in the past 10 years or so (like buy Sunn, then {censored}can them). :mad:

• Members

That's the guitar that got me into the Music Biz-

My friend David newel and his partner Drew something designed that- I got Mark Dronge at Guild to buy it and somehow they dragged me into this crazy guitar business....

I gave the black one to Joe Perry for the "Walk This Way" video shoot during my tenure as head of Artist Relations for Guild.

jay

i was told that the first one, mine, was turned down by Joe because it was pink.

• Members

i was told that the first one, mine, was turned down by Joe because it was pink.

That's correct- If you have the first one it should have a dozen autographs on it-

Joe wanted Red I think and all they had was white and black and pink at that time. I think Whitford said "Yech" when i showed up with it.

Jay

• Members

i think when Fender bought Guild they didnt want them competing with electrics so they shut them out and left their acoustic line only.

All they did was cut their own profits on that one. Guilds aren't much of a market threat for Fender I wouldn't think.

Archived