Austin Guitars? These look really good

Crisco

• Members

Austinguitars.jpg

Only $249 for the Gold-Top and $229 for the LP Special

The other LP's look really good too

Made for St. Louis Music Co.

and they claim these 2010/11's are improved from head to tail over previous years.

Anyone own one?

• Members

I owned one of their PRS copies a couple years ago when they were discontinuing that model. Got it for $100, new, from a friend that was a dealer. I thought it'd make a good project guitar but never gelled with it. I wouldn't have paid much more than what I did. I checked out three of them before I picked the one I bought. The other two had some pretty bad QC issues.

The other guitar player at our church played an Austin strat and an Austin tele and he likes them both. But, he's put more money into pickups for both of them than he spent on the guitars themselves.

• Members

We just took them on as a line at the mom & pop where I work.

Very nice for the money.

Their acoustics are an incredable value for an entry level instrument.

Pull a neck pickup out of one of the goldtops and snap us a pic of the neck tenon. Let us know what sort of wood species they are using as well.

• Members

I picked this up not too long ago. GREAT guitar for the money. Solid, well made, construction. The fit and finish is great, very playable. HEAVY, like 8+ lbs. The stock pickups aren't too bad either, I've been meaning to get some GFS Alnico II's for this. I took the pickup covers off, gives it a Slash GT look.

Note for the post above, it DOES have a long tenon. The wood looks like a mahogany type, cheaper eastern brand more than likely. Its solid though.

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

• Members

Pull a neck pickup out of one of the goldtops and snap us a pic of the neck tenon. Let us know what sort of wood species they are using as well.

I'll ask the owner if he'd be cool with that.

I was surprised at how much the solid bodies weigh...quite hefty & solid feeling.

• Members

I note that on the Perfect Guitar website, each picture shown is of a different guitar, even if the model and color are the same. I confirmed their claim of "what you see is what you get" by carefully examining the wood grain on the back sides of several guitars that were pictured, and, sure enough, they appear to be different guitars instead of a generic photo.

Pretty cool.

Now I have major GAS for the AGL356 goldtop with the P-90s.....dang!

• Members

A guitar shop close to me carries these. If at all possible, try before you buy. He has some there that are really nice and others that are pretty bad. (mostly things that could be fiixed with a good setup however) He also sells a brand called gladiator that are a much better quality guitar than the Austin. http://www.gladiatorguitars.com/categories/Gladiator-LP-Style-Guitar-/

• Members

I'm very pleased with my ALS255 purchased from Eddie at Carlino a month ago.

als255fullfront.jpg

als255frontangle.jpg

alsfrontcu.jpg

Hardware good, (could use better tuners), set neck, mahog bod, maple neck, though I have not opened it up to check. no fret sprout, intonates perfectly, med. low action as received. Nut work, very good. Ceramic P90s i believe, ok. May move to alnico down the road. Overall, it's a bit heavier than I expected, but that's not a problem.

He mentioned to me that the gladiators seem even higher in quality, as well.

Mine is probably getting a full refin and mods, though, the stock finish was well done.

I'm happy playing it stock right now. :)

Archived