Anyone use a gig bag with an ES-335?

Faber

• Members

Get a strat or tele if you want to ride around with the guitar on your bike. Set mahogany necks break if you look at them wrong.

I might just be that I'll do that thanks - I have strats, and while I love the sound of a good semi, I'm wondering whether it's woth the risk

• Members

I've biked around with my SG on my back for years, quite frequently drunk off my ass. If you take a tumble, just make sure you land on your face!

Gig bags provide ample protection for me. But if i'm going to be leaving the guitar by the stage at a gig where an idiot could kick it over, or putting in the back of a car where an amp could fall on it, then a hardcase is an absolute must.

If your trekking across town for 60mins on public transport.... well a heavy hardcase is going to be a PITA, both for you and all your fellow passengers who would appreciate their knees not being bruised.

• Members

I've biked around with my SG on my back for years, quite frequently drunk off my ass. If you take a tumble, just make sure you land on your face!

Irreparably destroy my teeth or irreparably destroy my guitar? Choices, choices... you can't say we guitarists don't have our priorities in order. ;)

This thread makes me picture myself riding a bicycle down the street with a 335 on my back, trying desperately to keep my balance, knowing that every crack or bump in the sidewalk would be my guitar's doom. lol. It's a funny visual. :lol:

• Members

Just an update - I found a different solution to the "problem": I sold that guitar. The guitar, a Tokai ES120 was an outstanding instrument that I didn't use very much - the gig bag idea was something I considered as a way of getting into more of a steady rotation, but considering it yet again I had to admit that it probably wouldn't ever become one of my main guitars. So off it went to someone who'll probably appreciate it to the extend it deserves. My only semis now are the Ibanez Sco and Hamer Newport, and those are entirely too dear to me to be transported in anything other than a case.

Archived