Are ESP LH-301's active or passive?

Mikeman75

• Members

Ok, then. For some reason, I was half convinced they were active.

And is there any way you could get a clean sound out of them? Because I'd hate to have to use a seperate guitar.

Nah. Maybe I'll stop being a cheap-ass and cough up the money to get real EMG pups or maybe something with Duncans. :idea:

• Members

It's all opinion of course but I thought they were very dry sounding and didn't do it for me at all, especially when it comes to a crispy metal tone. I had purchased an Alexi-600 and it came with the HZ pickups. Which are pretty close to those 301 things. Put in an 81 at 18 volts and all was well:love:

• 2 years later...
  • Members

It's all opinion of course but I thought they were very dry sounding and didn't do it for me at all, especially when it comes to a crispy metal tone. I had purchased an Alexi-600 and it came with the HZ pickups. Which are pretty close to those 301 things. Put in an 81 at 18 volts and all was well:love:

Hey! As you wrote: "I had purchased an Alexi-600 and it came with the HZ pickups". Well I'm wondering, I'm going to buy Alexi-200 with LH-301 p.u it says on one website. But on another website it says that they're with LH-300 ... I'm totally confused!

Archived