The Cort M900...

diceman1000

• Members

with all of the hollow/ semi hollow talk lately, i'd like to share one of my favorites...

yhst-45879758547847_2149_297806727

CONSTRUCTION: Set-in

BODY: Mahogany with quilted maple veneer & solid maple top

NECK: Mahogany, Modern "C" Shape

BINDING: Red Ivory

FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm)

FRETS: 22 / Large (2.7mm)

SCALE: 24 3/4" (629mm)

INLAY: Rectangular White Pearl with Abalone

TUNERS: Die-cast

BRIDGE: Fishman Power Bridge & TonePros Lic. Locking CT1 tailpiece

PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan Chrome Covered SH1('59) & SH4(JB) (H-H)

ELECTRONICS: 1 volume, 1tone w/ push pull, 3-way toggle, 1 piezo volume & tone, 1 mini toggle

HARDWARE: Chrome

STRINGS: D'addario EXL110(046-010)

COLORS:

M-Custom TES - Tiger Eye Sunburst

[video=youtube;UhOQ6x66bzQ]

• Members

I own an older Cort Z model and love their guitars. Unfortunately, they have an absolutely terrible reputation for how they treat their workers, and I will never give them more of my money unless there are significant changes in their management practices.

From wikipedia:

Since 1997 controversy has surrounded Cort and Cor-Tek due to its alleged mistreatment of factory workers. Grievances include the closing of its Daejon factory with no advanced warning on April 9, 2007, mass redundancies of all staff from its Incheon plant on April 12, 2007, and the firing and mistreatment of union officials and members.

On July 12, 2007 a Cort worker set himself on fire in protest, and on October 15, 2008 workers conducted a 30-day hunger strike and sit-in occupation on a 40 meter electricity tower. Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello and System Of A Down frontman Serj Tankian - both partners in the Axis Of Justice - joined representatives of the Cort workers in a protest concert against Cort and Cor-tek on January 13, 2010 at the Nanum Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Morello said "I fully support the Korean workers' demands for justice in the workplace. All American guitar manufacturers and the people that play them should hold Cort accountable for the awful way they have treated their workers."

• Members

I own an older Cort Z model and love their guitars. Unfortunately, they have an absolutely terrible reputation for how they treat their workers, and I will never give them more of my money unless there are significant changes in their management practices.

From wikipedia:

You realise that Cort make a hell of a lot of different brand guitars than just "Cort", like Squiers, Ibanez and other cheap stuff...

Archived