NGD: GFS Redeemed - XV500 Amber Sunrise

Woody_in_MN

• Members

So I got a XV440 cause I had LP Special on a budget fever. I bought a blem XV440 - and the the blem had too many blems for my taste, and I found the P90's enemic. So I could return it - but only for store credit. I was looking at XV500's and really liked the Amber Sunrise color. It arrived on Friday.

THE GOOD: Arrived double boxed - a thoughtful touch. The color is gorgeous. The build quality is pretty unbelievable for a guitar under $200. The guitar has full neck, and body bindings. The Crunchy PAT PUP's get dirty quickly, but once you get into Voxy/Marshall territory, things get heavenly. Nice tuners. The guitar is solid, but not too heavy - around 8 to 8 1/2 lbs I would say.

THE BAD: I did have to do a little setup. Truss rod adjustment, followed by bridge adjustment. Some of the bindings on the base of the neck seen to have picked up the orange tint of the body. A couple very small finish blems on the top of the body - pretty small though. As stated before, the PUP's can get dirty quickly - even for HB's.

VERDICT: Oh, I really like this one. Love the color. The pup's sound great in that Voxy Vintage tone world, where I spend most my time. I'm gonna have to keep this one. At least forseeable future. This guitar is FTW money-wise.

Pics...

XV500_1.JPG

XV500_2.JPG

XV500_3.JPG

XV500_4.JPG

XV500_5.JPG

XV500_6.JPG

- w

• Members

Glad to see they sent you a good 'un this time :thu:

I have to tell you, I have been playing my "damaged" XV-900 more than anything else, lately - it's a really nice guitar for little bucks. I may even get the P90 XV-910 down the road.

• Members

Woody:

How would describe the neck profile compared to something I can relate to, such as a Gibson Slim Taper or PRS Wide Fat?

Thanks

Bob

It is not super chunky like some of the Gibson LP's. But it is certainly not skinny. I would describe it as a standard LP type neck.

• Members

HNGD, Woody - It looks great and glad to hear the ergonomics feel better. On the GFS site it looked kinda like the amber sunrise looked like the old lemonburst, but you're right, there's definitely more red in it. It looks awesome, not even hint of clownburst. Congratulations!:thu:

Archived