NGsD

Brainfertilizer

• Members

Floyd Rose Redmond Speedloader:

Decent guitar. I'm not sure what the attraction is for a fixed bridge speedloader. But I bought it, mainly because they've stopped making the strings, so I expect this to be somewhat of a collector's item someday. I'm snapping up strings as I find them on eBay so I can keep playing. The action is a little high near the body...I may see what I can do with the truss rod. But it has excellent tone, nice and fat. And it is really slinky for bending. I got it cheap, so if it becomes a wall-hanger collectible, so be it.

FloydRoseRedmondSpeedloader007.jpg

FloydRoseRedmondSpeedloader005.jpg

FloydRoseRedmondSpeedloader004.jpg

FloydRoseRedmondSpeedloader003.jpg

Ibanez JTK1 Jet King:

I really dig this guitar.

It is nice and solid. Decent/good action...not really low, but not too high, either.

I love the tone. It's got some darker tinge to it. The previous owner replaced the stock pickups with Breeds. That might be the cause of the great tone, so I'm hesitant to switch them back. But he also disconnected the coil taps, which is a big foul in my book. So unless I get in there myself and start poking around and trying to reconnect, I might as well have the guitar tech I hire to reconnect the wiring put the old pickups back in, cuz then I can use the Breeds in another guitar that might need a pickup upgrade...that's a topic for later.

I love the red stain.

I also really love the nifty silver/gray original hardshell case that says "Jet King" right on it. This guitar is extremely satisfying. It eliminates a huge chunk of low-grade, unidentified GAS.

It is made in Indonesia. I didn't realize that at first. I couldn't tell. It is really a quality guitar, in materials and workmanship. And this one is in near-flawless condition! I am loving it!

IbanezJTK1007.jpg

IbanezJTK1005.jpg

IbanezJTK1004.jpg

IbanezJTK1001.jpg

• Members

Steinberger Spirit GT:

Decent guitar. I can see why they get great press. Great tone distorted. Light. Balances well. Extremely easy to play. Trem stays in tune.

But what I don't like about it is it doesn't have all that good of single-coil tones, and it is difficult to play songs with power chord shifts, because the neck moves if/when you completely let go of the neck. Might take some getting used to.

Also, the next thing is a negative now, but intonation is a real problem. If it is tuned up for E and A, it doesn't sound in tune for D, and is way out of tune for C. That happens to a certain extent on any guitar, but it is exaggerated on this one. And sometimes notes sound out of tune, but when I check, the string is in tune.

What I think is happening is I need a lighter touch on this guitar, much like some people say regarding scalloped fretboard guitars. So if I get used to it and play with a lighter touch, this problem could become a strength.

SteinbergerSpirtGT005.jpg

SteinbergerSpirtGT004.jpg

SteinbergerSpirtGT002.jpg

Aria Pro II Thor Sound TS-500

Cool guitar that is getting rare as hell. When I first got it, I didn't like the tone much, but there are so many choices, I'm slowly starting to find the settings I like. I think it is also I've been playing so many Seymour Duncan-equipped guitars, and I think this one is DiMarzio...or maybe Matsumoku. In any case, I first started liking its tone playing along with Loudness...

Good action. The neck is chunkier and wider than any of my other guitars. I like it just for something different. Very ergonomic. I don't really appreciate the Varitone and I don't like the on-board distortion, so I may downgrade to a TS-400 and pocket the cash difference, if I see one in good shape.

AriaProIIThorSoundTS-500025.jpg

AriaProIIThorSoundTS-500015.jpg

AriaProIIThorSoundTS-500011.jpg

AriaProIIThorSoundTS-500010.jpg

Coming soon:

- Parker P-44VB

- Vantage Avenber X77

- Cort Matthias Jabs Garage2

Archived