If you could only have ONE electric guitar...what would it be?

streetknight

• Members

If you're building it, I'd take a serious look into a Trem-King tremolo. I've seen them in action...they work as advertised.

I checked them out and I buy into what they do but I'd probably need to try one before I shelled out the money and installation effort.

• Members

An all-koa HSS Carvin strat.

I would probably have lots of wiring options going on for lots of different sounds. Maybe a Duncan Hot Rails as the middle pickup which could be split, as well as the humbucker. Four mini-toggles...One for each pickup and maybe one the reverse the phase of the neck single coil for instance.

• Members

At the present time, I love my Ric 360, but my G&L Tribute ASAT Classic is making me say wow! If I could get the cash together, I'd possibly forego my ASAT Classic for a thinline ASAT Special with the larger MFD pickups for more sonic beef - plenty of chime but capable of grinding, when I need to.

ASAT Special Semi-Hollow

ASTSPSH_2TS_MP.jpg

• Members

It'd definitely be a strat. I don't currently own any H/S/S strats, but if I could only keep a single one of my guitars, I'd probably take this one and replace the bridge pickup with something like a Dimarzio Chopper and wire it with coil split:

DSC_6232a1.jpg

• Members

At the present time, I love my Ric 360, but my G&L Tribute ASAT Classic is making me say wow! If I could get the cash together, I'd possibly forego my ASAT Classic for a thinline ASAT Special with the larger MFD pickups for more sonic beef - plenty of chime but capable of grinding, when I need to.

ASAT Special Semi-Hollow

ASTSPSH_2TS_MP.jpg

Nice to see a new G&L fan!

You may also consider a semi-hollow ASAT Bluesboy - the Seth Lover HB in the neck coupled with the MFD single coil in the bridge is awesome.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

If I could only have one guitar it would be a Line 6 Variax. They record wonderfully and sound excellent live as well. To have more than 40 modeled guitars in one instrument is something I would have a hard time living without. The JT Models also allow alternate tunings which is a game changer for players who use that. 

http://guitarmadesimpler.com/

Edited by Gigmeister-8YMGf
add link

• 2 weeks later...