If you could only have ONE electric guitar...what would it be?

streetknight

• Members

OUCH!! I don't want to play this game. I owe them 25k - and I can't even think about selling off any gear. They can have my 1st born. Sorry you had to sell off your stuff. Ok, it would probable be my white Eric Johnson strat, it's more resonate than my two tone ( the two tone is better looking though)

• Members

Right now I have the most guitars I have ever owned at four (I'm picky and not into having a bunch of guitars). having said that, if I was going down to one I would probably go with my Les Paul R8 or my G&L Legacy. So I suppose, either a very good Les Paul or a very good Strat should be enough for anyone.

• Members

Right now I have the most guitars I have ever owned at four (I'm picky and not into having a bunch of guitars). having said that, if I was going down to one I would probably go with my Les Paul R8 or my G&L Legacy. So I suppose, either a very good Les Paul or a very good Strat should be enough for anyone.

I'm with David. A Les Paul and a Strat. But that's TWO.

• Members

I honestly have 4 guitars that I could probably get by quite well with as my only guitar. Especially since I'm a living room hack.

But if I really had to pick just one it would be my Gretsch 6128 TVP PowerJet w/ Bigsby. It's an incredibly versatile guitar and it just feels great in my hands. My Vox Virage slightly beats it out when it comes to versatility but there's just something about the neck on my Gretsch that just makes it feel that much better than any of my other guitars.

• Like 1

• Members

My "if you could only have one" is unique and based on personal experience... Before I cashed out my vintage collection about 9 years ago, I had a 1976 or so Fender Starcaster... It played like butter, honestly. Super low soft action, the equal of ANY 24 3/4 scale guitar...

However, it had a beefy maple neck, laminated maple body, 25 1/2 scale, and GREAT clean twangy yet POWERFUL Fender wide range humbuckers... This guitar was a PERFECT marriage of telecaster and 335 tones... It could cover that entire range, honestly.

What a fine guitar that was, I should NEVER have sold it back to Rumble Seat... It was a perfect "only" guitar... crossed Fender twang, clarity and bite with Gibson punch growl and sustain, with the soft playability of a good 335, and the feel of a slick Fender tele with maple board.... bob

• Members

I'd have to go with the Swiss Army Knife:

d8b9ba39.jpg

It's not my best guitar, nor my worst, but it's by far the most versatile.

HSS Floyd Rose Strat with the following mods:

Original Floyd Rose replaces the cheap Ping-licensed Floyd Rose

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the humbucker slot, two Bill Lawrence noiseless L-200's in the middle & neck

Coil split switch for the humbucker

Volume wired with Treble Bleed kit

Wired for master Tone control with a No-Load Tone Pot

Blender Pot (for pseudo-Tele sounds)

Tremel-No to turn the Floyd Rose into a hard-tail.

D-Tuna added

If I didn't need versatility? My Telecaster, no question about it.

• Members

Some of you may know I unfortunately had to sell off my whole collection recently cause Uncle Sam had his hand so far down my pocket he could have scratched my foot.

That being said, kinda don't want to end up in the same boat with a bunch of guitars. I'm gonna start saving up.

But anyways, if you had to pick one what would it be and what style music do you play?

I'm sorry to hear that OP.

My choice would be a Strat with a bridge humbucker. I play mostly rock/indie but I think that guitar would cover alot of ground. If i had money I would buy an American Fender but if I was pinching the pennies I would go for a Yamaha Pacifica. It's a well made guitar and a perfect modding platform.

Hope everything works out for you. :wave:

• Members

I'm building it.

-american standard strat body chrome blue

-usacg 25' conversion scale neck, boat profile, medium jumbo SS frets, maple pau ferro neck

-these pickups... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130488425358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4572wt_905

-sperzel locking tuners

-american deluxe or Wilkinson pop in tremolo (what do you reckon, I can't decide)

Just waiting on the neck to come and I'm good as gold.