Talk to me about Traynor Solid States

Woody_in_MN

• Members

Howdy,

I know next to nothing about Traynor, but this last weekend I played a used DG60R and liked it so much (especially the lead high gain) I bought it.

Do others out there have experience with Traynor amps? Especially the solid state amps?

Go...

• Members

I played a Dark Horse a while back. Sweet friggin amp.

On the SS side, I didn't even know they had products.

This looks cool as hell, though.

EG

If anyone ever figures out a tiny speaker system, gigs will be easy load in load out. I bet more companies have these in the pipe. Great idea.

• Members

Howdy,

I know next to nothing about Traynor, but this last weekend I played a used DG60R and liked it so much (especially the lead high gain) I bought it.

Do others out there have experience with Traynor amps? Especially the solid state amps?

Go...

You bought a Traynor DG60R????? Good choice! I've had one for about 3 years now and it's a great amp. Too loud for my space when I really crank it but it's hard to beat that quality at that price.

• Members

You bought a Traynor DG60R????? Good choice! I've had one for about 3 years now and it's a great amp. Too loud for my space when I really crank it but it's hard to beat that quality at that price.

I did indeed. I got a $115 GC Rewards Voucher, and found the used DG60R at my local GC. They had it listed at $249 US - they had just dropped the price from $299 US. I REALLY did not need another amp, but I got a taste of the lead channel, and really liked it- so I had them put it on hold. My plan was that if they knocked off another $50 (and I was confident they would not) I would get it - if not I would walk away. To my amazement they did knock off $50. It had been sitting in the used section for about 4 months, and they really wanted to move it.

Archived