NGD: 2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Sienna Sunburst

Stackabones

• Members

EDIT: Clip running it through Fender Super Champ XD.

http://vom.infocusreviews.com/index.php?p=play&id=Stackabones/Stirrin_Stick.mp3

I took some gear to GC for the trade-in 15% off purchase sale last weekend. Just recently emptied out my storage room and had a bunch of that dusty gear in my living room. I thought I'd get a Mexi Strat, but ended up bumping up to this.

The only Strat I've owned before is a Bullet Strat. What's the difference between the two? The difference is living on land versus living underwater. The AmStd is living on land; the Bullet is living underwater. As it turns out, I prefer to live on land -- for I breathe more naturally.

Couple of crapola quality cellcam photos. Outdoor shots are closer to the real color, indoor shot tries to get some grain.

This is the nicest guitar I've ever owned in every aspect. I'm going to get her serial number tattooed on my chest over my heart. :love:

• Members

Very nice. It amazes me to think that there are people who don't find much difference between a MIM and a MIA. You made the right choice and you know it.

That topic, in particular the Fender v. Squier seems to have replaced the "My Epi is better than my Gibson" for now. I personally find a very substantial difference between them.

• Members

I played a couple of Mexi Strats (for I really wanted Olympic White w/Rosewood) as well another AmStd w/3-color sunburst. Though the woods made a difference on the AmStd -- alder on the 3-color vs ash (:love:) on the Sienna. IMO the difference between the AmStd and the Mexi was the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

This is an entirely subjective perspective, so de gustibus non est disputandum. I'm not about to tell someone that he is wrong about his judgment if he thinks there is no difference, but at the same time he should respect my judgment that there is a difference. The Stratocaster is one of the most personal & subjective instruments out there, which is probably why there are so many variations, models, and mods on them. Vive la diff

Archived