Fender JAGUAR HH CIJ-->Mark V-->WIN !

thunder100

• Members

Hi among several guitars I own a Fender Jaguar HH (CIJ).The guitar is very good,the loudest unplugged and a strong sustainer,but the original Dragster-J pickups were kind of MEH so I replaced them with BG cleartops-->GREAT result

Now I needed the cleartop's in annother guitar and slung the Dragsters back in-->still basically MEH but on Mark V Channnel 3 MkIV Petrucci setting suddenly started to work and got a really nice tone with kind of shimmer

I will now to try them out a bit further

Roland

(still substandard on most other settings yet)

• Members

I had that guitar for a long time, and HATED HATED HATED those dragster humbuckers, sounded horrible with gain, squeeled like a pig at even moderate volumes, and the short scale meant I had to put huge strings on it just to get it to C standard, but on another note, the guitar was built very well, looked cool, and the neck felt nice. I just found the controls unnecessary, and it just didn't work well for me.

• Members

I have also several other amps and the Dragsters work with non of them-->except for the Mark V(IV) at medium gain.Really nice.Just the only single spot(the BG's work everywhere)

Roland

Yeah I was using them through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec solo head, and they just were not working for me, I had to put a decimator in the loop just to keep it from squeeling the whole time, it is just wierd, you would think with the whole design they would have put a humbucker in there that could take gain, hell a standard jag single takes gain better than the dragsters do

• Members

I had that guitar for a long time, and HATED HATED HATED those dragster humbuckers, sounded horrible with gain, squeeled like a pig at even moderate volumes, and the short scale meant I had to put huge strings on it just to get it to C standard, but on another note, the guitar was built very well, looked cool, and the neck felt nice. I just found the controls unnecessary, and it just didn't work well for me.

Thi was my experience too. I loved how comfy the guitar was too. Were the controls more useful (especially the rhythm circuit) with replacement pickups?

• Members

Thi was my experience too. I loved how comfy the guitar was too. Were the controls more useful (especially the rhythm circuit) with replacement pickups?

I put EMG's in mine, and honestly the controls didn't do much for them, although EMG's don't seem to take well to splitting and the like, I ended up just selling the guitar off with the original pickups and bought a Gibson SG Faded lol

On another note the EMG's sounded wicked in it compared to the originals.

• Members

I've kept this guitar especially because of those pickups. They are unique. The high-end sparkle is amazing for humbuckers. I did put a treble bleed in the volume pot to maintain clarity and shield it well. Anyway, I can understand them not doing "everything" very well, but I love what they do!

Archived